His and Mine

The backyard is teeming with life. Children running around and chasing each other, parents watching as they speak to each other, alphas and lunas in groups, male werewolves grilling food for the pack and the alphas and lunas that visit.

Leon is in the midst of the alphas and lunas, enjoying their conversation and company. He's relaxed and smiling.

The twins are beside me on the checkered blanket underneath the huge shade tree. It's cool and the wind is softly blowing.

My little boy pushes his toy hot rod up and down on my good leg, as his sister wraps her tiny hands around my index finger.

Paige unwraps her fingers around mine, then crawls into my lap. Giggling cutely, she grabs my cheeks, her hand suprisingly gentle on my burnt bandaged cheek.

Her beautifully colored eyes stare at me with true innocence only a child can have.

"Daddy!" She happily giggles.

Grinning hugely, I smack my lips to her forehead as I glide my fingers over her small ticklish tummy.

Giggles burst through her throat. It's soft, like bells ringing. I know she's going to be beyond drop dead gorgeous when she is older, breaking hearts, but right now I'll enjoy her cuteness and innocence.

Payton, not wanting to be left out, climbs onto my lap beside his twin. With both in my arms, I press my lips to both of their foreheads.

My little man, always a joy, perks his lips out like a duck, then presses his soft lips to my cheek.

Giggling as he pulls away, he climbs off, then on little legs, waddles over to his Papa.

Leon, hearing the giggles of his son, turns his body and opens his arms for our little man.

The toddler is swung up into his Papa's hip. Deciding to join them, I stand with my daughter in my arms, then I step towards my love and son.

When I'm standing beside them, Leon smirks before smacking his lips with mine.

The alphas wolf whistles, as we pull away. Leon smirks, not even caring. As I stand with my gorgeous daughter in my arms, I listen to the guys conversation.

A hand pulls at my jeans, glancing down, I see a little boy about 7 years with big brown eyes with an expression of nervousness.

"Luna, will you play with us?" He stumbles on his words, not wanting to break his little heart, I smile saying yes.

Handing my cutie to Leon, I take the little boy's hand and he guides me to the group of grinning boys and girls.

The little people tells me their names before we start playing a game like soccer where you have to get the ball over to goals, but you don't have to kick the ball, hands are aloud, it's a mixture of soccer and football, but without the line of scrimmage.

The little boy that asked me to play is named Zack and is a team captain as a girl about the same as him, Gabby, is the other.

The captains argue over who gets me on their team, before finally deciding that they will trade off after Zack.

As they argued, the pack and visitors surrounds the makeshift field.

Getting into positions, the captains throw the ball in the air, Gabby is the first one to hit the ball towards her teammates.

Running down the field, a boy from Zack's team takes the ball from a girl on Gabby's team. He runs down the field and scores.

Enjoying myself as I play with the little kids, even though my burns hurts, I push through like my training has taught me.

I laugh and run down the field picking up the girl who has the ball, setting her on my shoulders, I run towards the goal.

She giggles with a hand in my hair and the other on the ball. Running pass the markers of the goal, the girl and I cheer.

Grabbing her, I lift off my shoulders and set her down, high fiving her, she grins beautifully.

The kids and I play until the food is done. Their parents call them, high giving all the kids before they run to their parents.

My mate has a huge grin on his face as I step towards him and the twins. Payton holds his arms out towards me.

Taking him in my arms, we get food, and then head to sit on the blanket the twins and I were on earlier.

Enjoying the delicious food, I glance at the twins to see that they are covered in food.

Finishing the food, I wait until the towns are done too, before lifting them up and taking them to the bathroom to clean them up and put clean clothes on them.

When they are dressed again, we head back outside. As I step onto the back patio, everyone is smirking or grinning, all surrounding the patio.

Then they part like the red sea, standing behind the crowd is my love with a nervous curl of his lips and a spark in his eyes.

Jade and Mark reaches for the twins, taking them from my arms. I walk down the parted crowd towards the man that changed me.

Standing a few steps in front of him, I know what's coming next.

"Emmy, I was going to make the most longest beautiful speech ever, but I know you're not a man of words, but action. So I'm going to keep it sweet and simple." Leon gulps nervously.

"I've been smitten with you from the first time I met you. You accepted me and gave us two beautiful twins. In my world you are mine and I am yours, but I want you to be mine both in our worlds.

"So Emmett." Leon gets down on one knee, as he pulls out a black box and opens it to reveal a silver band with small diamonds circling it.

It's stunning.

"Will you honor me in becoming Mister Emmett Warren?"

Grinning, I bend down, molding his lips with mine to answer his question. Cheering erupts, but we ignore it.

I'm going to be Mister Emmett Warren. I accepted Leon, which was the greatest and best decision of my life. I'll forever love Leon.

He's the light in my darkness, so I'm honored to take his last name and be his in his and my world.