Music

I toss and turn in bed, not being able to sleep. Leon's arm has long gone tried to hold me to him. Knowing I can't sleep, I roll off the bed, standing, I tread across the carpet, opening the door, I see a guard sitting in a chair. I notice it's Ericsson, a mated guard, when he sees me, he stands and smiles at me.

"My Queen, how may I help you?" Ericsson bows his head.

Smiling, I nod. "Will you help me down the stairs?"

"Of course, my Queen." Ericsson takes my hand and helps me down the flights of stairs.

When we are on the ground floor, he let's go of my hand, grinning he follows me, as I go into the kitchen. Getting a glass of water, I drink it down.

"Are you alright, my Queen?" Ericsson ask me with genuine interest.

"I'm fine, with being so close to the due date, the nerves are getting to me." I answer with honesty, as I put my hand on my bump.

"My wife was like that when she was close to her due date." Ericsson grins. "That happens to every pregnant mate."

"I know, but we have nothing for the babies, we don't even have names for them!" My words causes a grin to cross his face.

Looking at him suspiciously. "Why are you grinning?"

"Sorry my Queen, but all of us are ordered not to say anything. My lips are sealed." Ericsson pretends to seal his lips.

"So everyone knows about it." I state.

"Yeah, haven't you noticed Leon acting weird lately?" He cocks an eyebrow.

"No."

"You'll going to love it!" He squeals like a little girl, before his eyes clouds over. He must be talking through the link.

"Sorry my Queen, but my mate needs help with our baby." I nod for him to go, in a millisecond he's out the room.

Getting off the stool, I waddle around the mansion, before I come across a too. with every kind of instrument in it. From drums, saxophones, and violins, but what catches my eye is a white grand piano.

In a trance, I waddle to the piano. Gliding my hand on the smooth surface, I sit at the bench. Lifting the lip to the keys, I glide my fingers across the keys. The beautiful notes fill the silence of the room.

My fingers strokes the notes, I play a song that my father first taught me. It comes naturally to me, like I never stopped.

As I play, I'm thrown back into a flashback.

My mother was a beautiful tall lady with long gorgeous black hair that reached her bottom, but she usually wore it in a bun with strains of hair falling in her face. Her black hair brought out her pretty green eyes. She was pale with high cheekbones and pretty pink lips. My father was tall with dark curly brown hair. His eyes were the same color of blue as mine. He was buff but not overly so.
They were the perfect couple. We were the perfect family.

My mother's giggle rings through the car as daddy tells a joke, but her giggle was cut off as the car spins out of control and slams into the railing of the bridge, the car goes over the railing falling into the cold river.

The water breaks the window, the only sound there is, is the sound of the rushing river.

Water fills my lungs, as I try to open the door, but I couldn't get it open. Then a man's face comes into view. He rips the door open, and pulls me from the car, I look back at my parents to see that they weren't following.

I try to swim back towards them but the man pulls me from the water. When we brake the surface, I scream, trying to dive into the water so I can go back for my parents, but the man holds me back.

"They're gone!" The man wraps his arms around me holding me to his chest.

"They're gone!"

Tears stain my cheeks, my fingers stop playing. Wiping the tears from my cheeks, I stand, turning to the door, I see Leon leaning against the doorway.

"Come here." Leon opens his arms, I waddle as fast as I can to his arms.

"I'm here baby, I'm here." He kisses my forehead. "Always."