Climbers

Screams and whimpers bounce off the walls keeping everyone awake. No one has slept a wink since Emmett left about three days ago. I've tried feeding, rocking, patting, singing, you name it I've tried it, but nothing works to calm the twins down.

I know what they need and want, Emmett. It's heartbreaking knowing I can't give them their daddy.

My parents try to help me as much as they can. Dad and papa are always there for me, they do all that they can, but the twins won't calm down.

I know they miss Emmett, I feel so helpless that I can't calm them down. I'm their father and I can't soothe them.

"Why don't you shift into your wolf, maybe that will calm them down." Papa tells me rubbing his temples.

"I'll try it." I yawn. "Will you watch them as I get the livingroom ready for them."

Papa and dad nods, treading out of the kitchen into the livingrom, I start pushing the furniture against the wall soy wolf form can fit.

When that is done, I lay down a big quilt for the twins to lay down on. Dad and papa walks on with the screaming twins.

Curling my wolf body around the twins, I tuck my tail under my chin. Then the babies screaming quits down little by little until they are quiet and sleeping.

For the first time in three days, it's quiet. The pack members sigh in relief, as they tread up to their rooms to fall asleep.

Dad and papa don't even make it up to their room, walking over to the couch that's against the wall, they fall face first.

Closing my eyes, I tighten my body around the twins. Sweet dreams of my mate and babies flash behind my eyelids.

Cooing stirs me from my dream, cracking an eye, I watch as my babies are standing, hanging onto my fur for balance.

I don't mind them grabbing and pulling my hair, as long as they are happy, so am I.

Dad, true to his word, is snapping pictures like crazy. Emmett asked him if he would so he doesn't miss anything, but keep know it hurt to ask that.

Emmett wants to experience the little things, like the screams, cries, diaper changes, boo-boos, but most of all he wants to experience the twins growing.

No one blames him, every mother wants to experience their babies growing strong and healthy, but sadily Emmett doesn't get too.

I know it's heartbreaking for him, you could see it in his eyes and hear it in his voice.

I know Emmett loves the twins more than me. It doesn't bother me, the children of mates should always have the most love. Plus he carried them, so of course he should love them more than me.

I had to step down as Alpha King for the time being, so William and Brandon are stepping up. The packs understands that I need to focus on the twins since they don't have their mother who is close to death everyday.

The packs fear for their Queen Luna, as do I, but Emmett's team knows to link me during missions so I know what is going on with Emmett.

The link won't distract them, they're just opening their mind to me. Emmett doesn't know about this, I meant to tell him, but it slipped my mind.

Emmett can open his mind to me, but with him being pregnant, I never got around to teach him how.

A hand pressed gently to my face pulls me from my thoughts. Not realizing my eyes were closed, I open them to see Paige sitting by my muzzle, with her hand on my Wolfy cheek.

Pressing my nose into her tummy, she giggles the most gorgeous little giggle I've ever heard.

Payton, wanting attention too, pulls at my ears as he sits on my neck, just now feeling the weight since he's so light.

I flick my ears to entertain him. A gorgeous giggle burst from his mouth, as he let's go to clap his hands.

Paige wanting where her brother is, stands by fisting the hair on my forehead to help her up, then she takes baby steps. Then she crawls up my muzzle.

Payton holds onto my ears, I knew he's not going to move for Paige. That is if she can make it pass my muzzle.

After about a minute of trying to climb, Paige gives up, falling side ways off my muzzle. She then crawls under my chin.

With Paige under my chin and Payton on my neck, dad takes pictures like crazy.

"Emmett's going to love these!" Dad squeals. "I know I do!"

Now that I know the twins love my wolf form, it will distract them from Emmett not being here.

Our babies just need to be distracted, now I know what I have to do. Everything will be alright. I know it will, the twins and I can live through this.

I know we can.