Chapter six

The original hybrid was talking to his sister on the phone about the massive failure that there plan had turned out to be, although that's not how he would have phrased it

The original hybrid was talking to his sister on the phone about the massive failure that there plan had turned out to be, although that's not how he would have phrased it. He was also watching Joshua, his newly compelled vampire spy, attempt to drain a vampire of blood, and by extension, vervain.

"I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" He complained to the newbie vampire.

"Sorry, I'm not like, medieval torture expert guy," Josh replied.

Klaus sighed before grabbing what appeared to be a rake and driving it into the unconscious vampire's stomach with his vampire speed. 

Josh winced. "What he do to you anyway?" 

"It's not about what he did," Klaus said, stabbing the vampire again, "It's about what he's going to do. Which is, whatever I want. Just like you. For example," he continued, moving away from the bleeding vampire to walk closer to Joshua, "Drive this through his torso."

Josh did as told without hesitation, disgust written on his face.

"That is crazy," he said breathlessly, looking over his shoulder at Klaus who was grinning evilly. "I didn't wanna do it but I did it anyway."

"It's called mind compulsion," Klaus explained proudly, "Vampires can compel humans, originals, like my sibling and I, can also compel vampires, and no one can compel originals. You following?"

Josh nodded fearfully.

"Good!" he said, "That is how a brand new nightwalker, such as yourself, is his doing my bidding with no one the wiser."

"But I never got my guts drained out of me?"

"Yes well, that, young Joshua, is because I got you before you had even a drop of vervain in your system." 

"Ew," said a new voice, coming from behind them, "Ew, ew, ew, ew, ew." 

"Ellie!" Klaus exclaimed, speeding to his wife and pressing her head against his chest so she could no longer see the gruesome scene in front of them. "What are you doing here, love? I warned you I would be draining the vampire."

"I came to check on you," she said quietly, "I was lonely. Besides, I thought you would be done by now."

Nik chuckled, turning towards the door with Ellika still in his arms, "Come on," he said before turning towards Josh to shout, "Hurry up with that, Joshua!" However, just as they were leaving, Niklaus's phone rang.

"Well?" he asked, putting his sister on speaker so Ellika could hear.

"You were right," came Rebekah's voice, "about the traitor. Luckily, she's just a kid and she doesn't know anything about us and what we're up to. Do you want to hear the part that's gonna please you the most?"

"Well do tell," he replied, not having time fore Rebekah's dramatics.

"She's in love with someone in Marcel's inner circle. Guess who it is."