Chapter thirteen

"So, Davina's missing?" Question Ellika, sat on a box while Rebekah was searching through a pile of white dresses

"So, Davina's missing?" Question Ellika, sat on a box while Rebekah was searching through a pile of white dresses. She had insisted they get perfect costumes for the casket girls festival which, as Rebekah had said, might as well be in her honour. She was the on who was responsible for the legend, after all.

"Yes," the original replied, although she clearly wasn't paying much attention, busy trying to find dresses in a pile she had deemed dull, dreary and hideous. "I think Nik said something about her finding out about the witches being dead."

"Oh..." said Ellika quietly laughing slightly awkwardly.

"What?" Rebekah asked, a smirk forming on her face.

"Well, I might have been the one to tell her that Agnes was dead," she explained sheepishly.

Rebekah grinned. "Oh, that is priceless," she exclaimed, laughing, "Nik's all worried about someone betraying him and persuading her to leave and it was you all along!" Ellika smiled a bit too, starting to laugh along with her sister, the two finding humour in the situation. "I can't wait to see Nik's face when he finds out-"

"When he finds out what, exactly?" Niklaus asked, suddenly appearing behind them, arms crossed and leaning against a wall.

Ellika frantically shook her head at Rebekah, but the original smirked and replied, "Ellie over here knows who told Davina the witches are dead, don't you?" 

"Snitch," Ellika muttered, although both girls were smiling.

Klaus, however, was not.

"Who, sister?" He asked sharply.

Rebekah only turned to look accusingly at Ellika, still grinning more than she probably should at this incident.

"In my defence," Ellika said quietly, "I didn't know she was going to run away. I thought she would've already known."

Niklaus sighed, running his hand slowly through his hair, but he too was smiling now.

"Well," he said, shaking his head teasingly at his wife, "I suppose that solves that mystery, doesn't it." 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ellika and Rebekah never did get to go to the casket girls festival. Instead, Elijah, Klaus, Marcel and Rebekah went on a hunt for Davina. Ellika had refused the offer to join them due to what happened last time she joined Klaus on one of his little missions, a decision that Klaus himself wholeheartedly agreed with. 

Elijah, Marcel and Klaus had been knocked out one way or another by Davina during their confrontation, and Rebekah led the young with to Marcel's garden, offering to include her in a plot to steal New Orleans from both Klaus and Marcel. Davina had accepted, but soon after found both herself and her friend Tim (who had been, once again, used as a bargaining chip by Klaus) dying of poisoning. Davina recovered, thanks to a protection spell, but Tim did not.