Chapter eleven

Rebekah slammed the door open, flooding Marcel's secret attic with light as she announced her presence to the room

"Oh no, don't stop on my account," she said, as all conversation halted. She wasn't, as the vampires no doubt expected, here to rat them out to Klaus. On the contrary, she and Marcel had created this plan together yesterday, when they spent all day in his little torture garden. Rebekah had said she wanted revenge on Klaus for daggering her, and a life of her own with Marcel, which had led her to crashing the secret kill-Klaus meeting Marcel had decided to hold this morning.

"So, Tyler," she spoke to the hybrid, "I assume you're currently trying to rally this lot into killing Ellika before she can provide Klaus with the means to take the magic of every supernatural being on earth."

"That sounds about right, yeah. And if you don't like it, go ahead and leave. You can join your brother." he replied.

"I believe you've mistaken the lady's intentions," Marcel interrupted, as one of the vampires asked what was going on.

"You are absolutely right, Tyler," Rebekah continued, much to everyone's surprise, "My brother is a crap individual as it is. The last thing he needs is to take even a fraction of the supernatural community's magic," she then turned to Marcel, smirking. "Go on, you can tell them," she said.

"She's not here to fight us," Marcel explained, "She's here to help us."

"That's right," confirmed the original, "But first."

She sped at Tyler, and snapped his neck swiftly.

"No one is killing my sister. Elijah and I have found a way to stop the siphoning, using a dark object. And if Klaus is gone, he won't be able to take any magic from her as she uses it."

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Niklaus and Ellika entered the empty compound, looking around for Marcel. Josh had told them Marcel would be out tonight, and Klaus thought it was the perfect opportunity to steal back the daggers. He had considered leaving Ellika at home, but given what happened the last time she was home alone, he opted for her to come with him. It's not as though it was going to be incredibly dangerous; all they had to do was get in, get the daggers, and get out.

However, he began to regret his decision the moment he stepped inside. It was like he could sense that something was about to go wrong.

"Klaus."

And just like that, his suspicions were confirmed.

Klaus turned around, seeing Marcel, who appeared to have been waiting for him. He gently took Ellika's hand and pushed her slightly behind him, in case Marcel tried to attack her.

"You've been avoiding my calls," replied Klaus, feigning nonchalance.

"Little pissed off lately," excused Marcel.