Chapter seven

It was barely ten in the morning, and already Klaus's patience was growing thin.

"How bloody hard can it be to find one simple spell?" He questioned the witch who was currently sitting in his lounge, grimoires open in front of her. Agnes was beginning to regret agreeing to help find the spell that could save them all from their impending doom.

Niklaus had always known there must be a spell out there that could prevent his wife from siphoning the power of the entire supernatural population. After centuries of asking witches for a way to do this, he finally found one with an answer. She said that preventing the event was impossible, but if they were to get there hands on specific dark object, it could be used to reverse the spell. The long and short of it was that if Ellika channeled the magic into it as the event occurred, it would safely return the magic to the supernatural population of the world, without time for any harm to come to them.

However, to find the dark object - know as the Aculest - they would have to perform an intricate summoning spell that no one has been able to correctly execute for centuries. In fact, only one witch has ever been able to find and perform the spell correctly; unfortunately Celeste Dubois was long dead.

Agnes sighed, wishing she had never agreed to this situation, and replying, "Very hard, seeing as it hasn't been seen for over two hundred years. Maybe, if you gave me some more time-"

"We don't have more time! You should watch how you speak to me, witch, or I will kill you right know, damn the consequences-"

"Nik!" exclaimed a voice behind him, and he immediately retreated from threateningly hovering over the witch in order to greet his wife. 

She walked over to him and took his hand, but he pulled away and instead placed his arms around her back, pulling her into a hug. Ellika held back a laugh at the way he was hugging her like a child hugging a comfort blanket to calm down.

"It's barely the morning, Nik," she said, yawning slightly, "Why are you threatening people already?"

"I'm not threatening people, love. I'm just making sure Agnes, over here," He gestured to the witch, despite the fact that Ellika face was still pressed against his chest in an embrace and she could not see the witch sitting in the middle of their lounge, "Knows what will happen should she continue to be incompetent."

Ellika pulled away from him, unimpressed, and Nik found himself running his eyes over her figure, admiring the way she looked in the little pink dress he had provided her with.

"You look ravishing, by the way, darling," he said, watching how her cheeks flushed slightly. She giggled in response, but quickly looked up when she realised what he was doing, and said, "Don't change the subject, Nik. What are you looking for, anyway?"

"We're trying to fins the spell that will lead us to the Aculest," he said, Ellika nodding along as he had earlier explained what that was, "But nobody has seen it since Celeste Dubois-"