Act 5;; Pink

I stared at myself in the mirror, hands grasped at my waist as I exhaled heavily to slump my shoulders down. The texture of the clothes felt so rich yet comfortable, then there was the lovely pastel pink blouse that covered me ever so perfectly yet gave a cool feeling as the little frill waved about over my chest area where the last button was left unbuttoned, all the extra material of the blouse was inserted in a full red skirt that barely touched my knees. How could I say no to that, right?

Wrong.

The outfit was something that Yurin would wear, and because I agreed for her to dress me up and help me be one cheesy girlfriend for the media, that's where I regretted it. And even while standing there, in front of that mirror, I felt like I was Yurin. Was this how she attracted those boyfriends? Is this how she got her dates and managed to get some free food? I'm sure this was how she played it out, I could only imagine what Minho would think. Honestly, if he saw me dressed like this, he'd laugh at me because that wasn't who I was.

Oh, what about his Parents?

"Can't I just wear jeans?" I moaned.

"No, now let's do your hair!" Yurin snatched me from the front of the mirror and forcefully sat me down on the white chair of her makeup table, my own reflection stared at me with a confused look as though the person staring back at me didn't look like me. There was a natural lipstick properly placed up and around, light red tint at my cheeks, and there were black markings along certain areas of my eyes to make them look a lot bigger than normal. I shifted my gaze to Yurin with a wrinkled expression as she combed her fingers through the strands of my brown hair, pulling and shoving and combing and doing whatever the heck she's doing to make my hair wave down and look so girly. Moans and groans escaped me as the pulling effect at the top of my head made my skin tug, slightly getting uncomfortable as I looked way too overdressed for my liking.

"So no jeans?"

She shook her head as she finished with my hair and topped everything off with a black headband that had a small bow at an angle. "Okay, wear these-" She instructed as she placed a pair of white wedges on my lap while she rummaged through one of the drawers of her makeup table.

"W-What? No way, can I please just wear the sneakers I wore when I got in here?" I pleaded, pouting a bit so she could - at least - feel sorry for me. "Please?"

Yurin swept a few blond strands behind her ear as she looked over at me, one brow cocked up. She rolled her eyes at me and said, "Stop it, you."

"Pretty please?" I flashed a smile, one that was awkward and uneasy, but cheesy at the same time.

"Okay, maybe I got something that would make it a bit more you," She explained as she wandered back to the rack with her shoes arranged by color. She skimmed from black to pink to red to the floral and stopped at the white, slipping her fingers into a pair of white platform sneakers with hidden wedges to give a bit of lift in height. Yurin handed the pair over as she poked at my forehead and added, "You are such a pain to dress up. It wasn't this hard with Hyominnie."

"I love you," I grinned as I rushed to slip my feet into the sneakers. They felt oh-so-good, way better than any pair of heels that would make my day uncomfortable. I also felt a bit taller, my legs seemed a bit slimmer and longer, I knew I wouldn't look heck of a lot shorter next to Minho, which was a very good thing considering how tall that guy is. I placed my hands firm on my waist as I slowly turned around to face my good friend, my heart slightly heavy as I took another deep breath before a long sigh to signal that I wasn't ready, but she wasn't looking. Instead, she had her head down and looking at her phone very seriously.

So I asked, "Why do I have to dress up?"

"Need I remind you that you'll be meeting Minho's parents?" She replied without even giving me any type of eye contact.