Act 22;; Past

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months as Minho and I continued to be a couple and showed more strength as a duo than ever. But as the year slowly came to an end, the more Minho became busy being an idol flying back and forth from Japan with SHINee, and I being a student and preparing for my future as a non-celebrity.

But those times apart weren't a waste, as every night before we both go to bed, a goodnight phone call made all the stress and worries go away. We've fully transitioned from friends to an official couple.

"It's not like that!" Hyomin mocked me as we sat together at their family restaurant. We were on the early shift, and early shifts tend to not have much to do as the business comes in later in the afternoon. She had been teasing me about how well my relationship was going and reminiscing of all the times I had gone around saying Minho and I were not a thing.

"Hyominnie," I moaned. "First Yurin-ssi, now you? Who will have my side?"

"I will." We both heard a voice walk in after the ding at the door.

Hyomin and I stood up instantly, waiting for the person to come from behind the door, and in came a tall man with light brown hair, fair skin and stylish clothing.

It wasn't Minho.

I gasped and nearly fumbled as I took a step back behind Hyomin. She was protective and stood in front of me. We both uttered the same name.

"What are you doing here?" I followed as I made eye contact with the guest.

"I came to visit. I've been hearing things about you while I was in America."

"Yeah? Then why would you come back for it?"

He swept his bangs away from his eyes and there I saw his face more clearly. He was still good looking after all this time apart. The last I saw him was the night in my apartment. I had to get my keys changed straight after as I was afraid.

"Donghyuk-oppa," I heard Hyomin speak up. "You know you are always welcome, but how come you always come at the bad time? I would much prefer you come when Hana-ssi isn't happy. You always seem to come when she is at her happiest only to throw her back on the ground again."

Hyomin knew everything that I never told anyone else. She was always there to help me up and let me move on without things coming out from the shadows and have our little circle of friends find out. Although, deep down, I do know they know.

"Whatever she told you is a lie," He grunted.

"Yeah? Well explain bruises?" She argued for me.

It was true.

Donghyuk loved me and I loved him, but his love became physical and his jealousy was just as bad. There were nights I would cry, soothing myself from a bad night with Donghyuk, and pretend nothing happened the next day as I covered up the bruises with make up.

These were things I would never tell Minho, because I knew what he would do.

"Explain to me then, why did she say nothing happened between her and that idol, yet he goes around parading his love for her when they were friends?" Donghyuk nearly yelled. There was no one around, and he was very good at switching to his horrible side without anyone noticing, except for Hyomin, who always caught him on the act when she became aware of his behaviour.

"There really was nothing!" I argued back, yet my voice cracked as it became obvious I was prepared to hide away like a mouse. "I have told you that I was loyal to you during our relationship, but all you wanted was to hurt me to remind me that I belonged to you."