Act 6;; Parents

What did I say in response to his compliment?

Nothing.

I never got the chance to as my phone rang and filled the silence that built up between us, and our first reaction was to get my phone and answer it to avoid the conversation that needed to address what just happened. I don't know whether my Mother should be thanked or not as she presented a different suggestion once my phone touched my ear.

"U-Um, yeoboseyo?"

"Hana! How are you?"

"I-I'm g-good."

"What's wrong? Are you sick, honey?"

"No, no, you just caught me off guard."

"When your Appa and I got home, your Sister told us that you were seeing your idol friend. Is this true? Why have you not told us? Hana! Your Appa and I would like to meet your boyfriend as soon as possible!"

Oh, did my Mother ramble. She asked and demanded and explained things that talked about three different topics, and I wasn't sure when she took a breath of air because as soon as she finished, she didn't sound so out of breath as I thought she would.

"Hana!"

"Can we do it another time?" I cleared my throat, avoiding any possible sound that could sense my discomfort.

"Why? What are you doing today that is so important?" She said in a strict tone. "Are you with him today, Hana?"

"Mhmm." I even nodded with my response as I nervously peeked over my shoulder at the patiently waiting Minho, he only smiled at me once our eyes met, and in panic, I froze and turned away as soon as I felt my body again.

"What are you two doing today? You should-"

"His Parents are visiting so we're-"

"Oh! Even better! Bring them over to our home and I shall cook them a meal!" The excitement in her voice made everything more and more odd.

"Eomma," I whined.

"See you at six, Hana-" My Mother hung up on me as soon as she said those exact words. She didn't pose a question, that was an order for me to take Minho and his Parents to my Parents' home for dinner.

How was I going to pass on this message?

I slipped my phone down from my ear, grasping it with both hands as I pressed it against my chest. I needed one- two- three deep breaths before I had enough courage to turn around and face him. Locking my gaze into his well known 'flaming charisma' stare down was already hard enough, and when my lips slowly peeled off from being completely pressed shut, a slight part barely made a noise. My voice was gone.

Minho only continued to stare at me.

His eyes were really focusing on me, like I stood under a spotlight while he watched from the crowd. My heart violently rattled in my chest like a caged animal wanting to escape, and my entire body felt so warm that I started to feel the flustered feeling all the way down to my little toe. I don't know why I'm feeling the way that I am. I've heard him say a compliment to me before, usually mixed with a hint of light banter and end with laughter. That time, it was so different. Why did he have to go and say such a thing about me?

"So, what happened?" He smoothly changed the topic.

"Oh, well, my Mother is wondering if you and you Parents and Brother would-" I paused and rephrased my words. "I mean, my Mother invited you and your Parents and Brother to our home for dinner at six."

He slightly narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah..." I nipped at my lower lip and gave myself an embrace. "I'm sorry," I sighed.