Act 19;; Contrast

Panic.

Extreme panic.

I haven't left the dorm where I stayed in Japan since I saw the news of what Minho did to show everyone he and I were a couple. The public display of affection usually didn't go well with fans as well as the PR management team, and you often think how other celebrities stay very discrete about their relationships - or maybe it was just me?

Nonetheless, I was frightened to step out in public.

What would the fans say? How badly would people ogle at me and judge me? Why did Minho have to kiss me in public?!

I paced back and forth alongside the window, the view of the city was absolutely gorgeous from where the dorms were situated, but unfortunately, my time of exploration and tourism was cut short. One of the staff had hassled me all morning about my habits and their treatment of me had gone sour due to that article. I constantly am haunted by it as soon as I woke up and saw what people had written. My personal social media account was continuously on the buzz and I was forced to shut it down not too long ago, and the worst part is, I have not spoken or heard from Minho since I woke up. It made me sad that there was no signs of attempt either.

"Minho-ssi won't be able to make it today due to schedules," One staff member informed me when I tried to take my phone back to at least try send him a text, after all, Minho had the right to talk to me if he wanted to.

Everything had turned south since that kiss, and I certainly am not liking this experience compared to how it was when our relationship came into the spotlight.

"So what is going to happen?" I asked politely, despite my patience growing thin and I was on the verge of tears.

I was alone here. I had no one to call except Minho...

And he wasn't even around to protect me like he promised.

The senior staff member finally took notice of me and sighed. He gave me a shake of his head and let out a heavier sigh soon after. "Our suggestion is that you go back home for the remainder of our commitments here. It is only a precaution as we clean up the mess."

Mess.

His words were clear and he was determined to get me out of the way after what had happened. It was a whole different treatment to how it all started. This time it was harsher and my burden onto them was a lot heavier than before. The feeling became more evident that I was no longer welcome and that I was only there so they could keep me out of trouble, which I may argue was not entirely my fault.

Why did the situation blow out of proportion anyway? Why did people point the finger at me when the kiss was initiated by Minho? Why are the reactions a lot more negative? Why is everyone acting like the world had ended because we had shown off our way public display?

More questions.

It bothered me, but really, I had no say because it was always going to be the management's say at the end of the day.

"When do I go home?" I barely could form words as my voice was slightly shaky from frustration and being absolutely upset.

I didn't sign up to this at all.

The head staff member peeked at his watch then to the laptop screen in front of him. "We have just purchased a return ticket now," He coldly answered. "This evening is the earliest we could find."

"Oh..." The disappointment in my voice was far from hidden.

I turned back towards the window as I finally stopped pacing. There was no hiding it anymore. I was surely going to be in trouble as I head home. I'm sure Minho's ears are just as red from the scolding he must have received from his higher ranking bosses.