A perfect life

Jasper's car was waiting outside Margaret's house, the skies grey and threatening. She got to the passenger's door but was cut off when Jasper opened the door for her.

"Why thank you!" She exclaimed with laughter, the blush never leaving her face, partly because of the cold. The door closed after her as she got in, a second later Jasper was clicking his seat belt and driving away from her house.

"Do you like the rain?" Jasper asked as he peeked at the sky.

"I do." Margaret nodded, "I wouldn't particularly love it now," She added, "but I like the rain. Writing on my desk with a warm cup of chocolate and the rain outside," she drifted, "it's very soothing." She concluded. "I like it outside too, don't get me wrong, lying down on a grassy hill as the rain falls on you is quite comforting." She added, Jasper grinned, something he would always love about Margaret would be the easiness of talking with her about anything and everything.

"It's wonderful," Jasper hummed, more to himself than anything else.

"What is? The rain?" Margaret inquired, searching his face, memorizing for he looked, one hand on the wheel, his arm straight and strong under his shirt, his face firm and perfect, that slight smile on it.

"Besides that," the bars and shops from the center of the town began disappearing, getting replaced by trees and greenery. "I find it amazing how you see good in everything. How you can be optimistic even about a little rain." His voice rang through the car like the loveliest melody.

"There's good in everything, we just have to look at it close enough to notice it." She commented.

"Who said that?" Jasper looked at her, admiration in his eyes.

"I did." Margaret's eyes sparkled like they usually did, her smile lifting her rosy cheeks. For a split second Jasper's mouth twisted. "What is it?" Margaret's voice was filled with concern, she didn't want to ruin this beautiful day they had got going.

"You know, I've thought of it since the day I was turned, but I've never seen the good in a life like this." His free hand signaled to himself, and Margaret could feel his guilt and regret. Without hesitation, her hand reached for his free one and squeezed it. Jasper's teeth shone with his smile. The car came to a halt, waking them from their trance and halting their conversation. Quick as light Jasper opened her door and helped her out. Margaret was led to a beautiful clearing with blooming flowers and green grass. A blanket was laid on the ground and Jasper sat next to her, admiring how she bent over the towering flowers, smelt them, and picked some.

They stayed there for a few hours, Jasper had brought A Midsummer Night's Dream and was reading it aloud, his Texan accent dripping from his voice and enchanting Maggie. She had laid on her belly and was playing with the flowers in her hands, Jasper laying on his side, proved on his elbow, mostly speaking the lines off by heart as he admired Margaret. He paused and watched her.

"Why did you stop?" She whined softly, her hair flying with the breeze. A flash of white caught her eye and she gazed down at the blanket to find a snowflake, already melting. Then she gazed up, admiring the falling snow.

"I think I found it." Jasper breathed, his beaming expression shining through the grey skies. Margaret struggled and sat up, looking down at Jasper.

"Found what?" Margaret replied, snowflakes sticking to her hair and eyelashes.

"The good in my life." Jasper's eyes shone, looking right at her, their souls chaining themselves with one glance. "It's you." Barely a breath to which Margaret didn't know how to respond, She simply looked at him, her heart heavy with love and joy, snow falling around them. Almost at the same time, Margaret's eyes and Jasper's fell on each other's lips, but none dared move an inch. Jasper forced his eyes to meet hers, and this time, Margaret was sure she felt something pulling inside her, she lowered her face ever so slowly. Their lips brushed, both of them closing their eyes at the tingle. Jasper raised to meet her lips, and they met. The soft caress grew into a kiss. He felt her lips widen in a smile, their foreheads resting on each other's. When Maggie liked her lips she still tasted his sweet lips on hers, and Jasper thought he would love getting drunk on the taste of hers. After some seconds of quiet, Margaret hummed a giggle, her fingers brushing Jasper's cheek.