The sky is getting darker

The air had grown dense, and it weighed heavily on each one of them.

"We're lucky Edward isn't here," Emmett affirmed, his arms crossed over his chest, Rosalie close to him.  Carlisle paced for a few minutes, pondering how to tackle the situation. The vision Alice had was about chaos and death flowing around them. Most importantly, it showed the appearance of Edward's blood singer. Isabella Swan. Margaret had never been so confused, it seemed that the world of vampires and werewolves was way more complex than what she had anticipated.

"Okay, can someone explain to me what a blood singer is?" Jasper had his arms wrapped around Margaret protectively, and the rest of the family looked back at her apologetically. Jasper hadn't yet told her of the mating bond between them, and he wouldn't, it was the best way to keep her safe and far away from being converted. If the Voulturi found out they would be able to do unspeakable things to them, that couldn't happen. He didn't wish his fate upon anyone, even less his precious Margaret.

"A blood singer is a human whose blood is irresistible to a certain Vampire," Carlisle explained, his arms too, wrapped around his mate. Looking at the room, all males were standing protectively before their partners. "When a vampire meets their blood singer they don't usually live long. It's a situation where even the best-tamed vampires will lose control."  He finalized. Margaret's eyes found Jasper's, at least it offered some relief, knowing that Jasper wasn't pestered around with the instinctive desire to murder her.

"And it can be that bad?" Margaret was filled with dread and fear. Her sister, however rude and annoying as she was, didn't deserve to die. "How do we stop it from happening?" She was frightened, not only for her sister but for Jasper and the Cullens, if they weren't capable of keeping Edward under control or protecting Bella would they simply leave? Jasper must've sensed her distress because his arms tightened around her, releasing some comfort.

"It would be best not to let her get too involved in our world," Rosalie suggested, her face stern. They all nodded in agreement. If Bella and Edward didn't get the chance to become close they might just avoid this whole catastrophe. "We can not let this matter reach the Voulturi. This is a very risky road." She concluded, her voice drained in a sigh. Margaret hadn't heard of the Voulturi, and her face showed her confusion clearly.

"Trust me, you don't want to meet them, they ain't as handsome as we are Maggs." Emmett had a playful tone, but his expression was sincere and filled with concern. Margaret offered a slow nod, trying desperately to understand what they were risking, surely they wouldn't harm them just because of a blood singer? 

"When was she arriving?" Esme wondered, her humble smile calming Margaret's nerves almost instantly. She checked her phone and looked through her calendar. A soft smile appeared on her face as she saw the picture of Jasper and her she had set as a lock screen. Everything would be okay.

"In a few weeks." She informed pocketing her phone. "Just about the start of school." 

"Let's hope she keeps herself busy with schoolwork then." Emmett joked his playful smirk back on his face.

"You clearly don't know her," Margaret replied. The only thing left was to wish she didn't take an interest in Edward. Her sister wasn't one to take no for an answer, and if she decided she wanted Edward, she would get him no matter the cost.

The days went by awfully quickly for Margaret. The prom she had been planning for almost a month was over before she could acknowledge it, and all too soon summer break was before her. She had been looking forward to spending a whole summer with Jasper and the Cullens, but now that she knew the dangers that lay ahead, she spent sleepless nights wondering what could happen if Bella did get in trouble. Margaret tried to imagine a life without Jasper, but she couldn't. Every time she closed her eyes and thought of a life without him the room turned dark and she ran out of breath, nearly choking with tears. Luckily, she thought, her father was a heavy sleeper and hardly woke up with her muffled sobs.