Only the beginning

Not too long after Jasper had left, Isabella came barging in through her door, slamming it against the wall, making the whole room shudder. She flings her bag ob the floor, not caring that its contents spill all over Margaret's floor, and drops on the bed. Margaret quietly watches this scene develop right in front of her. She was about to ask her how her day had been, but Isabella was one step ahead of her.

"What's your deal?" Isabella asked, and though her tone was as harsh as ever, it seemed to Maggie that this conversation would be the closest they would get to bonding, so she prepared herself to try and answer every one of her questions.

"I'm sorry?" She replied, taken by surprise. Bella shifted, climbing into a seated position to take a better look at her.

"With the Cullens. How do they like you so much?" Bella had always been taller, and she had the habit of slouching to meet someone's eyes. This way, Margaret looked at her sister and remembered her when they were little and their fights were mostly over toys and tv, when they were practically inseparable, before she moved away.

"Oh, we've been friends since they came to Forks. I don't know, I showed them around school, and I spent a lot of time around them." There was a short silence, in which Bella appeared to make a list of questions that Margaret tried not too think to hard on.

"Were they always nice? Even before you started dating Jasper?" With a deep breath she closed the magazine she had propped on her legs and left it on her bed, rearranging her position, realizing this would take a while.

"Yes, they're always very nice." She insisted.

"Even Jasper?"

"Of course he was! Why wouldn't they be nice?" Margaret was beginning to worry about were this conversation was headed.

"Do I smell?" Laughter erupted from within her, such a question had taken her unexpectedly. Bella simply sat there with an unamused look to her face. Margaret straightened and ceased her laughter, still smirking.

"No, you don't smell. Now, what is up with the odd questions?" Her sister shifted uncomfortably under her gaze.

"This guy at bio kept acting as if I had the most disgusting and contagious desease," She began, "He kept covering his mouth and nose with his hand and he even scooted over as far as he could from me!" Her tone rose with exasperation.

"Geez, what a jerk." Margaret said with complete honesty.

"Yeah, I don't know what everyone sees in Edward anyway." Margaret almost fell of the bed when she heard the name.

"Edward? As in Edward Cullen?" Bella stared at her blankly and nodded. "As in Edward - my boyfriend's brother - Cullen?"

"Yes! Now can you tell me why he hates me?" Margaret was still baffled, she had no idea how to approach this, but at least, she didn't have to lie.

"I don't know, Edward and I aren't really close." She sighed deeply, staring at her fidgeting hands.

"Do you know if he has a girlfriend?"

"What? No, I don't! And weren't you just telling me what a jerk he was?" Bella threw her head backwards, whining loudly.

"Yes, but it might mean he likes me. Besides he is super fine, don't you think?"

"Firstly, Ew." Margaret stated, her face contorted in disgust. "Secondly, I don't think that's what it means. And, once again, Ew."

"Oh come on, he is a little good looking, you have to admit that much!" Bella laughed. How long had it been since she had heard her laugh like that? How long had it been since they talked like normal sisters? Margaret had no idea, but she wished it could last.