Tempest of Books: Unraveling Sisterhood

It was amazing how Bella could hyper-fixate on something so easily. They had been at that dammed bookstore for over an hour, Bella had scattered through the floors and tables every single book she had laid eyes upon, and the poor man who ran the store went behind her trying to place everything back where it was. Maggie kept apologizing to him and helped him rearrange the books neatly, but Bella was just like a tornado, wherever she set her hands on a disaster was sure to follow. Jessica and Angela had called her five times, but Bella wouldn't let her pick up the phone. She claimed that she needed her to help her to find the book, but whenever Margaret pretended to start looking through the books she would yell at her, saying she wasn't putting in any effort, which was true, but still bothered her. Every breath she took in felt like a thousand needles in her lungs, Bella was not leaving without that book, no matter what. The walls started to feel restrictive around her, so when Jessica called for the hundredth time she went outside and picked up.

"Margaret, where the hell are you guys!" Jessica's glitchy hisses brought - for the first time - peace to Maggie's ears. "We've been waiting literally FOR EVER. The staff is starting to give us the stink eye." Even if her voice has hushed, the violent tone still stung through, it was one of Jessica's many talents.

"I know, im so sorry. Bella can't find the book she was looking for and she says she's not leaving without it." There was a pause, mostly - Margaret supposed - due to the shock Jess and Angela must be in. In the silence, Margaret still heard the shuffling and ruffling of books being tossed.

"It's almost been two hours." Angela noted, as if that piece of information would make Bella change her mind.

"Yeah, I know guys. Order your food, I'll try to be there as soon as I can." When the call ended Maggie stared at her phone for a second longer. Bella would find the book, even if it was the last thing she did. With trembling fingers she dialed Rose's number, when the phone reached her ear it had barely rang twice.

"Margaret? Is everything alright?" She didn't know what to say, even if her brain was forming a thousand sentences. Her eyes began to get watery, and her breaths came ion short. All she could think of was Jasper. Her breaths began to sound more like tiny unformulated words.

"I just-" She couldn't finish. What was she supposed to say? I'm sorry I failed you? My sister might be this close to finding out what you are? I couldn't do anything to stop her? None were good enough. What was worse, she felt horrible. She felt weak. Her friends, her family were at risk, and she could do nothing to help them. This thing inside of her, it was like a string that knotted itself and made her uneasy. Jasper. All her mind could think of was Jasper. After Bella found out, would they move out? Would she and Jasper... still be together? A sharp pain went through her, running her hands cold.

"Maggie? Maggs?" Rosalie was still trying to get to her through the phone.

"We've been here for two hours Rosalie." The words jumped pout her mouth like venom, right then, Margaret hated her sister. "She's not leaving without the book." There was noise over the line, then a tense silence.

"Margaret?" Now her tears fell freely, and her sobs could not be restrained. "Maggie, what's wrong. Please talk to me." Her heart felt like It was on fire, her throat drying up.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you sorry about?" There was genuine confusion in his voice with only pierced her heart even more.

"Bella is buying this stupid book about Quileute legends because of what Jacob Black said to her." As she spoke she felt her displease turn into fiery anger. "We've been in this stupid bookstore for over an hour! I tried hiding the book but I don't know what else I can do without her finding out I already know!" Her fingers tugged at the root of her hair, the nerves were eating at her.