Isabella gets to school

Margaret woke up with tears still rolling down her cheek, with all that had happened the night before she had overslept. Her eyes were puffy and slightly pink, but she lacked the strength and the time to try and hide it with makeup, besides, Jasper would see right through it. Not only because of his power but because he knew her better than she knew herself. Margaret hoped that having Jasper by her side would make her stronger for what was to come, Isabella was already in a bad mood, and she was very clumsy, two things that wouldn't play in their favor, given Alice's vision. She took a deep breath, gathering enough energy to get up and start getting dressed. A year ago she met the Cullens, and half a year ago she became the happiest girl ever when Jasper Hale asked her to be his girlfriend. So much had happened since then, Margaret liked to think that she had come a long way from where she was before. Paul and her had gotten closer, now that she knew what he was, now that he knew that she was with Jasper, regardless of what he was. For some reason, nerve-racking anxiety didn't hit her heart today, she was overcome with relief and ease. Jasper must have arrived at her driveway already. She threw on a comfortable beige dress and slipped her sneakers on, running from one side of her room to the other. Due to her late awakening, she had no time to do her hair so she simply brushed it thoroughly placed a headband on her head, and began to clip her jewelry on as she rushed downstairs.

"Morning pops!" She called, rushing down the stairs as she clipped on her earring. Charlie was calmly sipping his coffee behind the newspaper, quietly observing his daughter. "Bells! Hurry downstairs or you'll be late!" Margaret called while she placed toast on the toaster and rushed to find the jar of peanut butter. With the jar in hand, she dipped down and placed a kiss on her father's cheek as a good morning and a future goodbye.

"Morning Maggs." He replied, his voice soft and tender, yet scratchy, probably because of yesterday. Margaret tried not to think of it too much, and continued her rushing, catching the toasts as they jumped out of the toaster and spreading peanut butter and jam on them. By the time Bella decided to go downstairs, the table was set with coffee, orange juice, and PB&J's on two plates, one being eaten by her twin, the other intact for her. Crusts cut and everything. Her sister was downing a cup of coffee and finishing the remainder of her toast when their eyes met.

"Great, you're all dressed." She sighed happily. " You have half an hour to get to school, so eat your breakfast and I'll meet you there." Margaret began washing her plate and leaving her cup to dry on the rack.

"You don't have to act like the mom all the time," Isabella muttered under her breath. Margaret didn't know if it was due to being around the Cullens so much, or because Bella had made it only audible for her, but she caught what she had said perfectly.

"I'm not, I just thought you'd like breakfast," Maggie replied, her face falling for a split second, but it was quickly brought back when she heard the knock at the door. "Well, that's me, have a good day at work pops! I'll see you there Bells!"

Her bag was waiting at the entrance, from there she heard the kitchen chair moving and steps coming towards her. Margaret took her backpack and keys and fled through the door, taking Jasper by surprise. She didn't stop until she was sitting inside his car, hand holding her forehead in exhaustion. He entered the car after her, silently calming himself down, his hands flexing and contracting as he walked towards the car.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Jasper asked her, his eyes filled with soothing compassion.

"Maybe later, right now I just want some time away from her." The words flowed out of a sigh that looked as painful as it felt. Jasper began driving, his knuckles white as he held the steering wheel, something that didn't get past Maggie. "How was the talk with Carlisle?" She asked him, taking his mind off his battling thoughts.