Playing with fire will get you burnt

Margaret was all fixed up in little time. Carlisle was indeed very agile in his work, and it amazed her. She knew he must've had years of practice, but still, the willpower he had was admirable. The same thing went for Jasper, he - alongside Michael - had been the newest additions to the Cullens, meaning they were fairly new to their 'vegetarian' lifestyle. Yet, Jasper sat through it all, his eyes never leaving hers, despite the blood that was being wiped off of her. He walked with her and her father towards the reception after she had thanked Dr. Cullen repeatedly. Right there they found Bella, snooping through all the pamphlets like her life depended on it.

"I just have to sign some paperwork," He informed them, taking his buzzing phone out of his pocket. Margaret made out the pixel name. Renee. "You better call your mom." He said towards Bella, who paused in her tracks suddenly, sighing as she fisted her hair in exasperation.

"You told her?!" Charlie shrugged in a way that spoke silently 'what was I supposed to do?'. Margaret walked away just enough for Charlie not to hear their conversation.

"Did anyone see you?" Her voice but a whisper tickling Jasper's neck.

"No, it all happened too quickly for anyone to notice." His arms wrapped tightly around her, holding her close. Charlie leaned backwards a little when he didn't see his daughter by his side, and found Jasper holding her with all the care in the world. He smiled to himself, and returned to the paperwork.

"What about Edward?" Jasper tensed a little, and began to take in deep breaths. Edward had ran towards the girls faster than he had, and yet he didn't think to protect Margaret, who was actually in danger of getting smushed by the van. No, he ran to Bella. Jasper had a vague theory - mainly built by the feelings he got from Edward -  that maybe the rush of their fight had made her blood pump faster, then the van happened, and Edward could practically taste her blood in his mouth.

"He'll probably be with Carlisle." He said, his arms still wrapped around her, tightly. It only took a second before Edward and Carlisle appeared through some doors, vividly arguing. Right after them was Rosalie, who seemed to have a lot still in her mind to tell Edward. When her eyes rested upon Margaret, still captured in between jasper's arms she rushed - as slowly as she could - towards her, and though she was slim, her embrace held the strength of a hundred bears.

"Thank God you're alright!" She exclaimed, her sigh tickling her ear. "We were so worried." Margaret liked Rose very much, she was sweeter than she looked, and cared so deeply for the well-being of her family. It was admirable.

"Rose-" Margaret whined taking in a few gulps of air. "Need to breathe..." Rosalie loosened her arms - Jasper felt her worry weighing on her - but still didn't let go off of her for a few seconds.

"I'm going to kill him." She murmured before parting. For a couple of seconds longer, she held her at arms length, looking over her.

"I'm fine Rose, really." Margaret insisted, and even if Rosalie wasn't quite convinced, she let her arms drop by her side, and looked back at Edward from where she was standing. Together they all went to meet with him and Carlisle, Rose almost killing him with her lethal eyes.

"What on earth were you thinking!" Her yell, though hushed, kept its effect, if not greater. Edward looked at her with calm, unbothered eyes, which only seemed to anger her even more.

"Oh, I was just thinking that Bella was going to get hit by a car! Besides, Jasper did the same thing, why are you mad at me?" He argued, his hands signaling through all of them. "And, if you hadn't noticed, no one saw us, so we're safe." He added, sticking his hands in his jacket pockets and folding into himself.

"I wasn't talking about your crazy act of exposure," Rosalie began, her voice becoming more of a growl as she inched closer. She was almost on top of him when Carlisle placed his hand in between the two of them to stop them from bringing too much attention to themselves.