Trouble at our door

Jasper wasn't sure how it all began, but now he found himself eagerly waiting for night to fall and find himself perched by Margaret's window. Once the hunting was over and the Cullen were peacefully walking back to their home Jasper remembered to tell Rosalie and Alice about the shopping trip that Saturday.

"Of course, yes, well be there tomorrow!" Alice exclaimed her head bobbing up and down excitedly. Rosalie grinned a little before sighing.

"I could use some girl time." Jasper smiled, the girls never passed on an opportunity to hang out with his mate, and neither did Margaret. That was one of the reasons he loved her so deeply.

"How was the talk with her sister?" Alice asked, from behind appeared their respective mates, Michael and Emmett, both of them rushing to hug and wrap their arms around their partners.

"Chaotic," Jasper admitted, his brows furrowed, "I think it was worse than what you described it would be like." Alice winced, her lips sealed together.

"Remind me why are why buying her stuff?" Rosalie said, her tone harsh.

"Because, it would make Margaret happy," To that, Rosalie grinned.

"Talking of Margaret," Emmett teased, his eyes shining playfully. "Shouldn't you be climbing her window, Romeo?" Michael pushed him lightly and they all laughed together. Jasper nodded his head before turning and sprinting away, off to Margaret's house.

***

Margaret was laying on her bed, legs kicking the air as she hummed. Soft music filled the air as she scribbled in her journal. Next to her lay a stack of highlighted papers with post-its peeking through the block. It was a first draft, messy, annotated, and edited, but it was a first step.

The air changed, a cold breeze stalking closer to her. A smile crawled its way on her face as she turned, finding Jasper admiring her from the window. His hair was messy, and his eyes were back to a hazel color. These eyes held an unconditional love and care for her that she couldn't begin to understand. Her own heart was filled with a string feeling she couldn't name because love felt too little a word for it. They didn't speak for a few minutes, she stood from her bed and met him in an embrace. Jasper could feel her relief, her unfaltering love and, he felt the mating bond pulling them tightly together. He couldn't deny he felt those too, a mate, he had learned, was much more than a crush, or a lover. It meant someone that held your life in their hands, they could nurse that love, that need, that want, just as easily as they could break it. If Margaret were to ask Jasper to never hunt again, he would, if she asked him to kill, he would. If she asked him to never see her again, he would die, but he would. And so it would go the other way. It was a risky road, one that years before was used against vampires by their kind, Carlisle himself had been in a difficult situation with the Voulturi when he defied them. Jasper couldn't let that happen to them. It wouldn't happen to them.

"Are you okay?" Margaret inquired, her head resting on his chest.

"I am now," Jasper's voice brushed her hair, followed by a trail of kisses. Margaret giggled as she jumped back to her bed, her hands on the stacks of paper.

"I took your advice," she told him as she held the papers in front of her, showing them proudly to him. "It's still a draft, but it's way better now." Jasper took the papers in his hand, with a smile tugging at his lips. "Read it!" Margaret insisted, and so he did. He devoured the book, from start to finish, he saw her messy scribbling on the margins and the side notes, viewing the whole picture. He read over it, amazed at all the images forming in his mind. It was the story of their life. Covered with elaborate names, mythical creatures, and fantastical adventures, but it was their story.