The chaos begins

The wait for Charlie was excruciating. Margaret tried miserably to call Isabella over and over again with no results. It seemed, Jasper thought, that Bella Swan was the kind of girl that believes the world revolves around her and that she can call and boss around everyone, but no one can do the same to her. This could end up messy if she were to enter their world. Margaret hung up the phone after, yet another voicemail.

"My dad just texted me," She informed, her hand running through her face and her hair, swiping away her tiredness and frustration. "He'll be here soon." Then she fell silent. Jasper knew what was on her mind, almost as if he could read it as Edward could. They had to talk about it.

"Do you want to talk about it?" It was a topic they had never addressed before, both of them knowing it was there and had to be talked about but neither wanting to risk it, not when things were so good between them. Then again, they wouldn't change a bit, not when they were mates, it may not be official, and the bond may not have been settled, but it was still strong enough to restrict them from leaving each other for long periods.

"We should," Margaret's chest rose as she took a breath to ready herself. "It had to be talked about some time." She sniffled, her nose scrunching in that adorable way Jasper couldn't resist. Her hair was shaken away from her face as she pushed herself off the truck's door where she had been resting. Her hands fussed with the hem of her shirt as she forced herself to meet his eyes. Tears were building at the border of her eyes, her lips quivering, her smile fañlling down. Jasper had his arms wrapped around her, hugging her protectively, in a matter of seconds. This broke his unbeating heart. The sight of his mate, in tears and pain, because of him... he couldn't bear it. Maggie wouldn't deny it, Jasper was like a match made in heaven for her. Her friends would've begun to shush her and tell her not to cry, that everything would be alright, but Jasper knew what she needed, and it wasn't a soft pat on the back.

"Let it all out, darlin'" His muffled voice murmured into her hair. his lips pressing a never-ending kiss on her forehead. After some minutes, her sobs ceased and she managed to step away to look at his worried face, his eyes portraying the broken heart he must have had due to the situation. "You won't have to do anything you don't want to, I promise." His voice was strained, pain could be read from every inch of his expression. "I won't have you crying over this again." The soft pad of his fingers sent chills through her chin as he slipped his hands to her face, wiping away the tears.

"The thought of not having you close hurts me." Margaret managed to whisper, Jasper barely caught it with his enhanced hearing. Given his height, he towered over her a few noticeable inches, looking down at her crystalized eyes. Her honesty flowed around him like a shield. "And I don't mean it metaphorically," She continued, "It's as if something in me had been tied to you, the farther away you move the more it tugs on me." Their eyes never broke contact, Jasper grew concerned, if she felt the mating bond just as strongly as he did, other creatures would sense it just with a look at them. They could be in grave danger. "I you were ever to leave I- " Her voice dropped, her brows furrowing as tears collected themselves again in her eyes. Jaspers's fingers smudged them away, his hands still on her face, she turned to him.

"I am never, leaving your side. Never." He repeated, soothing Maggie. She walked back into his arms and felt her heart relax with joy and the comfort of Jasper's arms around her.

"Do you think we could hide from the Voulturi long enough? From the Pack?" She wondered aloud, her head resting upon Jasper's heart. "I want to spend the rest of my days with you, Jasper. But with an eternity ahead of us, I want to experience every last second I can of my humanity." He understood completely, and still, he had never wished she would have to experience the change, not until it was necessary.