Chapter Six

When class is over, Paige walks with me to my locker to put my books away, then I go with her to do the same. As it turns out they are both on the same hall, just at opposite ends. Hers being on the corner where I had my run in (literally) with Finn.

We get through the lunch line quickly, both of us choosing pizza and cokes, then much to my surprise she ends up leading us back to the same wall that I sat at yesterday. I raise my eyebrow at Tyler in question, then hop up on the ledge with my tray in hand. Paige attempts to do the same, but it takes her a couple of tries, what with her being vertically challenged. Once we are situated Tyler places both his hands on the wall first, to make sure he won't go through, then flings himself up on my other side.

As I take a bite of pizza, I really begin to wonder why we are sitting in this spot. Where did she sit yesterday? She must have friends and other people around here that she hangs out with, right? However, before I get the chance to ask, she answers the question like she already knew I was it was coming. "I usually eat over there with the other drama kids" she points to a table full of an eccentric looking group of friends. "They are all really great, and I think you would like them a lot too, but I just figured we would let you get a little more acclimated to the place first. They can be a handful."

I laugh at her description of her friends as I continue to watch them. It appears like one of the guys is pretending that his french fries are poison, and is now proceeding to die, very dramatically, on top of the lunch table. All the while everyone around him is looking for the antidote. I can see what she means by a handful, but they really do look like a fun group of friends.

"So, what classes do you have after lunch?" Paige asks, bringing my attention away from the dramatic scene across the courtyard.

"Umm, I have Government, Tech, and then English," I tell her. "Are you in any of those?" I ask hopefully.

She shakes her head regretfully, "No, sorry."

Oh well, at least we have two morning classes and lunch. Tyler tells me to ask what classes she has next, but she is already asking another question before I can get the chance. "So, what's the deal with you and Finn?"

I start to choke on the swig of soda I had unfortunately been taking and that exact moment and Tyler laughs. "What do you mean?" I ask, trying to feign innocence, but she is not buying it at all.

"Oh please! You looked murderous when you saw him this morning. I can only guess he did something to piss you off, and seeing how it's only your second day, I have to say that boy does work fast."

I contemplate for a moment how much to actually tell her, when I decide I will just share the whole mortifying story.... Minus all the internal gushing on my part and commentary on Tyler's that is. So, I take a deep breath and let it all flow out in a rush. From bumping into him, up until he walked off to chase after Callie, and when I finish, she is staring at me, eyes wide.

"Wow Finn doesn't usually work that hard when trying to woo his way into a girl's pants," she comments.

"What!? He wasn't trying to woo anyone! Like I said, he was mostly an ass, and hasn't even spoken to me since. And who uses the word woo anyway?"

"Trust me I know Finn, and he is just waiting for the right moment. He will find you, and he will try again."

"I told you so," Tyler growls. "Player behavior."

"I'm sorry, but I really don't believe that," I say in response to both of them and Paige stares at me for a moment, processing the look on my face. "What?" I finally ask a little irritated.