- V.

Lynn wasn't getting any sleep whatsoever. No matter what way or how she tried sleeping, it didn't work. She sighs as she sits up while everyone else sleeps. Now, she finally regretted every single all-nighter she pulled. Going to bed at 8:30pm was not the norm for her.

It was lucky though that she was awake, because she was the first one to spot the water rising. She straightens up to make sure before seeing it rise quickly. "Shit!"

Eggsy quickly snaps awake as the water reaches the mattress. "Fuck!"

Everyone else quickly wakes up. "Alright, no one panic, listen to me!" Charlie yells

Murmurs of panic spread throughout the room. "Loo snorkels!" Charlie says shortly after.

"Loo snorkels?" Eggsy says, confused as fuck.

"Shower heads!" One of the other candidates shouts.

Lynn looks around, confused. "Shower heads?"

"She's right, fucking go!" Charlie says.

"Hey, hang about, what's wrong with the fucking door?!—" Eggsy says but is soon cut off by the water.

Lynn gasps for air before going under, looking around at what everyone else was doing. She wasn't sure exactly what she needed to do, or where she needed to go. Her eyes meet the mirror at the end of the room. Further inspection leads her to believe that it may be a two-way mirror.

She quickly swims over and tests out the "mirror", quickly recognizing it was a two way mirror. She tries her hardest to punch through, but she wasn't strong enough for that. Lucky for her, though, Eggsy already caught sight from across the room. Soon enough, he's next to her, punching the mirror until it eventually shatters and frees them.

They're all forced out of the room by the water, pushing them to the floor. Everyone gasps for air and coughs loudly as they catch their breaths. "Congratulations on finishing your first task," Merlin says. "Charlie, well done. For those of you who are still confused, if you can get a breathing tube around a U-bend of a toilet, you have an unlimited air supply. Simple physics worth remembering," He says as he paces around. "Lynn, Eggsy, well done for spotting that was a two-way mirror."

"He's probably seen enough of them," Charlie says, smirking.

"Yeah, you can all wipe those smirks off your faces," Merlin says, "because as far as I'm concerned, every single one of you has failed. You all forgot the most important thing: teamwork," He says before directing his attention to inside the room. Lynn stands up and walks over to see what he was talking about before seeing Amelia, who had drowned in the process of getting out.

"So much for classic army technique," Eggsy mumbles, Lynn not realizing he was standing right next to her.

"We'll be restoring the room momentarily. Then, you'll be allowed back in to sleep," Merlin says as he walks out of the room.

"You alright?"

Lynn glances at him. "I guess."

"That shit was fucked," Eggsy says. "And I know she was like your friend 'n all so."

Lynn stuffs her hands into her pockets. "Not friends, I barely knew her," She lies. She'd considered them friends, but now she was dead there wasn't any use. She turns away from the room and paces around. Eggsy, for some reason, follows in foot.

"Well I just wanted to make sure you was alright," Eggsy says, "'cause of your brother, you know?"

Lynn's face twitches before she whips around. "You're comparing a fucking stranger that I barely knew dying to my brother who died? Fuck off," She says. "What kind of fucking comparison was that?" Eggsy just looks at her, slightly confused. "Don't if that bullshit's just gonna come from your mouth," She says.

Eggsy shrugs and steps back. "Right then," He says awkwardly. "I think this would be a great time to step away." He walks off and stands by himself, Charlie and his group of friends already beginning to mess with him again.

Lynn did feel bad. She wasn't risking getting close with anyone else though, just in case they ended up dying too. She will admit, she was definitely upset over Amelia dying. She was a nice girl who just wanted to make her parents proud, but here she was now, having died in the first task.

Finally, after what felt like forever, they were finally able to go back to their room and sleep again (after a change of clothes, of course). Lynn climbs into her bed and slowly, finally goes to sleep. She still couldn't help but feel guilty for being rude, for letting Amelia die. Maybe it was her fault, but she couldn't just give up yet. She had to keep pushing to see how far she could actually make it in this agency.

For now, she was focused on being the next best agent, the next best Lancelot.