- XVI.

** note: chapter uploads may be slow due to burnout. i am currently trying to find a consistent upload schedule. sorry if this chapter is lackluster <3

-

It didn't take long for Roxy to arrive at the headquarters. What Lynn and Merlin weren't expecting, though, was to see her walk in with Eggsy at her side. He held a bloody microchip in one hand, and a phone in the other.

Lynn pulls out her gun at first, a precaution the agents took when anyone walks into the area below the tailor shop. "Stand down, Lancelot, he's safe," Roxy says.

Lynn nods as she puts away her gun carefully. Eggsy steps forward and hands Merlin the phone and the microchip before taking a step back next to Roxy. His face looks blank, he looks like he's just a ghost. The spark in his eyes seems to have gone out and his demeanor seems...angry, almost. "Agent Saoirse, step over here with me for a moment, please," Merlin says. Roxy nods and Merlin walks off with her trailing him.

"You okay?" Lynn asks as she looks at Eggsy, hoping he'd say something, anything.

Eggsy shrugs. "Upset, sure," He mutters. "Did you hear about Harry?"

Lynn's heart pangs ever-so-slightly. "We saw, me 'n Merlin both."

"Yeah, me too."

Lynn looks behind her before quickly stepping forward and hugging Eggsy. She can definitely tell he wasn't expecting it whatsoever, but he slowly returned the gesture, even hugging her tighter than she was hugging him. "I'm sorry, by the way," Lynn hears Eggsy say quietly, his voice starting to shake, "about earlier. I don't want somethin' to happen to you and you think I hate me, that's that's happened with Harry-"

"It's all good mate," Lynn says as she lets go from the hug. "Promise." She gives him a small smile as he wipes his eyes with the back of his sleeve.

"Arthur's phone is receiving updated texts about getting to safety," Merlin says as he and Roxy walk back into the room. "We don't have much time."

"What are you going to do?" Eggsy asks.

"The question is, what are we going to do? God knows who's in Valentine's pocket and who's not," Merlin mutters. "Okay, we have no choice. We are gonna have to deal with this ourselves. Follow me."

The three of them follow Merlin back into the area that contained every single plane the headquarters own. Lynn looks around in awe, not having seen the planes and jets up this close yet. Merlin picks one for them to get on before hurriedly getting the group onto it.

"Prepare yourselves. We'll be flying for a little while."

For most of the flight it was only Lynn and Roxy speaking. Eggsy would pass the occasional glance towards Lynn, who would do the same back, before going back to sitting in silence with his eyes shut.

It was only until Lynn did some snooping did she find something worth talking about. "The fuck is this?" She says as she picks up a part of the machine, if that's what you could call it. It looked as if it was part of a Transformer's set.

Only then did Eggsy open his eyes, and keep them open. "What the fuck is that?" He says as he reaches over and fiddles with another part of the machine.

"What you're playing with is a prototype personal transatmospheric vehicle," Merlin says as he walks out from the cockpit. "It was developed as part of Reagan's Star Wars project. It's pretty basic, but it should still work. We're gonna take out one of Valentine's satellites," He says with a grin. "We're gonna break the chain, stop the signal. It'll take him a couple of hours to reroute it, which buys enough time for you two," He signals to Lynn and Eggsy, "to get me into Valentine's mainframe so I can shut it down."

He turns towards Roxy before speaking again. "Saoirse, you'll be using the vehicle. Get into your halo suit."

Roxy nods as she quickly gets up and walks to the back of the plane. "Eggsy, you'll be getting in as Arthur. Lancelot, you'll be going in as his wife."

"'Course I am," Lynn says. "You sure this'll work?"

"As long as Eggsy has this," Merlin says, holding up Arthur's phone, showing the two the invite, "it'll absolutely work." He walks back into the cockpit, leaving the two alone momentarily.

Lynn crosses her arms. "So, you ready to be husband and wife, eh?"

"Won't be the last time we'll have to do this."