- XIV.

Admittedly, Roxy had taught Lynn a lot. She was a lot nicer than originally thought, she even made it up to Lynn after prying in on her private matters.

She appreciated having what felt like a new friend and Roxy assured her the feeling was mutual. She'd said before leaving that even if Lynn didn't make it in, which she had no doubt that she would absolutely make it into the agency, she'd still stop by to make sure she was okay. 

Anyways, none of that mattered now. She was already back at the Kingsman headquarters, awaiting whatever would be next. Apparently she'd gotten there earlier than Eggsy, and that's why nothing had happened yet. It made sense though, so she wasn't sure why she needed an explanation.

She waits patiently for something, anything, yet it never comes. She begins to wonder if any of this was really worth it, seeing as her patience was faltering each passing minute. As she hears footsteps, her head snaps up. 

"Hi."

"Hi," Eggsy says as he sits next to her. "How're you?"

Lynn sighs through her nose as she leans back in her seat. "Nervous, I guess."

Eggsy nudges her shoulder. "You'll do great, whatever the hell they got us doing," He says with a slight smile. As he leans back into his seat, their knuckles brush together momentarily. 

They sit in silence as they wait, together. Somehow the wait is better, seeing as they're waiting together. They're waiting together for their future to be forever changed, no matter the outcome. They're waiting together as their lives are basically on the line for this job. They're waiting together, despite what the future holds for them on the other side. And it makes everything a little better.

Soon enough, they were called back to two different parts of the Kingsman headquarters. "Good luck," Eggsy had said as he walked off. Lynn noticed he was wearing her necklace as he walked off. Now, she stood in front of Merlin, waiting for whatever he had in store for her. 

Her dog, Dove, was sitting next to where she stood anxiously as she awaited whatever was in store for her next. "Beautiful dog she turned out to be, Walters," Merlin says. "You trained her well."

Lynn nods. "I know."

"I think you'll make a great spy, Lynette," Merlin says. "Just as good as your brother, if not better." He slowly reveals a gun, which he was holding behind his back. "This weapon is live."

Merlin holds it out for Lynn to take, which she cautiously does. Merlin nods his head towards Dove, who sat patiently next to Lynn. "Shoot the dog."

Lynn feels her stomach drop. A sense of dread washes over her as she aims the gun at the dog, her arms shaking. She had to toughen up though. If she wanted this job, she had to trust whatever she was told, even if that meant killing her poor puppy. Her aim becomes steadier as her finger hovers over the trigger before she shuts her eyes and shoots.

A loud noise is heard before she slowly opens her eyes and sees the dog still sitting in front of her, confused if anything. "It was a blank?" Lynn says, turning to Merlin who nods to confirm it.

She drops to the ground as she hugs the dog, who happily accepts her hug and wags her tail. "Arthur is requesting to see you, come along now," Merlin says.

Lynn nods as she follows Merlin out of the room and to what looked like a library of sorts, spotting Arthur who was standing proudly in front of Lynn.

But no Eggsy.

"Welcome to Kingsman," Arthur says as he looks proudly at Lynn, "Lancelot."

Lynn smiles as she nods. "Thank you, sir," She says. Merlin places a hand on her shoulder, and even he looks proud. She was proud of herself. Something catches her eye though. "May I be excused for a moment?" She asks. Arthur nods, which leads Lynn to quickly walking outside.

Yep, expected.

"Eggsy!" Lynn calls out his name.

Eggsy turns around furiously, J.B in his arms. He had tears forming in his eyes as he breathed heavily. "Congratulations for shooting a fuckin' dog just to get into an agency, Lynn," He says. "Or should I call you Lancelot now? Fuck knows your ego will be through the roof, like half of those entitled pricks."

"What the fuck?" Lynn says. "Mate, I don't recall ever giving you the right to treat me like an asshole. What's your fucking problem?"

Eggsy throws up his one arm in exasperation. "You're a freak, shooting a fuckin' dog? What the hell is wrong with you?" He says. "But you got what you wanted, yeah? Congratulations."

Lynn grows angry at the boy standing in front of her, who was definitely acting childish. "Thanks, Unwin, I appreciate it fuckin' lots," She says. "Guess I'm just some fuckin' freak, but d'ya know what, Gary? You know what? I didn't do this to boost my ego, how fucking dare you EVER make that false assumption of me. I worked my ass off to get here, I worked for everything to be like my brother. And guess what? I fuckin' got it, with or without you. Either way, I'll be fucking fine with you leaving. Not the first time it's happened, and definitely won't be the last."

Eggsy still looks angry, but he also looked a little hurt. He knows he was wrong, he knows he deserves the yelling he's getting. "Lynn—"

"Get the fuck out of here, Unwin," Lynn says as she turns her back towards him. "I'm achieving my dreams, whether you consider me a freak or not."

She gets no reply, instead a moment of silence before hearing a car door slam shut. She walks towards the front doors to Kingsman, tears welling up in her angry eyes as she heads back inside, while Eggsy drives off in the taxi he's just stolen.

When she finally walks into the lounge, Merlin was waiting for her. "Unwin's nicked one of our taxis," She says. 

Merlin nods. "Harry's got it under control," He says. Lynn nods as she wipes her eyes. "Now, let's discuss where we stand with current missions."