- X.

After a near-death experience, Hugo, Rufus, and Digby had all failed the mission. Meanwhile, Lynn, Eggsy, and Charlie had all landed in the "K", even setting a new record while they were at it. 

Of course Eggsy was pissed about being the one without a parachute, so when everything was done and over with, he said something about it.

"Sorry, sir," Eggsy says, "but why the fuck did you choose me as the gimp? Am I the expendable candidate?" 

Lynn crosses her arms and watches in amusement. Not only during her training had she gotten closer to Eggsy, she had also gotten closer to Merlin, so she knew he definitely wouldn't tolerate this.

And she was right, because Merlin looked angry as he spoke his next words. "No, no, no, you don't talk to me like that. You have a complaint, you come here and you whisper it in my ear."

Eggsy, looking mildly annoyed, walks up to Merlin. Lynn watches as Merlin whispers something to Eggsy, before pulling the cord on his back, revealing that he had a parachute. It sent Eggsy back onto his ass, which made Lynn snicker from where she stood. 

"Looks like you got your ass handed to you," Lynn says. She walks over to Eggsy and holds her hand out. "Well?"

Eggsy stares at her in what seems like a daze for a moment before grabbing her hand and using it to lift himself up. Their hands linger for a moment before they both pull their arms away. "So, that landing," Eggsy says. 

"If you would've stopped kicking I would've gotten you higher than my knees," Lynn says, then winces, "scratch that. I don't think there's a good way to phrase it."

Eggsy laughs. "Gross."

They stay silent on their walk back inside. Lynn wasn't sure what to really say to Eggsy, since they'd not only been face to face in the air, they'd held hands at least 4 times after landing. She wasn't sure if it was pure coincidence, if Eggsy just did that with all of his friends, or if she was fucking crazy for that matter, but she did keep a mental note of it. 

What Lynn had known, though, was that Eggsy seemed to be more prone to contact with her more than anyone. Ranging from a simple touch on the shoulder, a hand on her back, or maybe moving a strand of hair away from her eyes. Whatever it was, he shared physical contact with her often. And while Lynn typically wouldn't like this, she let Eggsy get away with it, because either she didn't care if it was him, or she didn't want to admit that it was a little calming.

"Sorry if that whole…thing made you uncomfortable," Eggsy says. "Was just tryna not to get us both killed."

Lynn smiles at him. "Na, I get it," She says. "It was a little funny though."

"A bit," Eggy admits with a smile. 

She looks off into the distance, other things catching her attention at the moment before something from the corner of her eye catches her attention once again. 

It was, again, with the hand-holding thing. Except this time they weren't really holding hands, Eggsy had just linked one of his fingers around Lynn's and swung their arms back and forth.

You cheeky motherf—

"You seem to have a thing for hand holding," Lynn comments. 

"Oh," Eggsy says. "Yeah. I can stop, if you're uncomfortable or something."

Lynn shrugs. "Na, just don't do anything weird and it's cool."

They walk in silence the rest of the way back. Their "hand holding" is broken the minute they step inside. They go their separate ways to change into actual clothes, which Lynn was thankful for. What she was currently wearing right now was not in any way shape or form comfortable, she wasn't sure how she was able to survive this long in such an uncomfortable suit. Then again, most of her time in it was spent panicking in the air, so it makes sense.

After changing, she walks back to the lounge area where the group usually hung out and takes a seat on the couch. Dove follows her over from where she was relaxing. "Hi girl!" Lynn says as she pats her lap. Dove jumps up and rests her head on Lynn's lap. She pets the dog and hums as she watches the TV in front of her. 

She feels herself begin to drift off, her eyelids getting heavy before she feels someone sit down next to her. "Ay, go back to sleep," Eggsy says. "I ain't gonna need you for nothin', just wanted to make sure you were alright."

Lynn slowly leans her head over onto Eggsy's shoulder, which typically didn't mean much to anyone. For her though, it meant that she trusted him. For her to share the simple physical contact with Eggsy, it meant that no matter what, she knew he had her back, and she had his. She had a difficult time letting people in and trusting them, Eggsy had learned, but throughout her time at Kingsman it had shown her that trusting people wasn't necessarily a bad thing. It wasn't a weakness, like she had been taught. It was a strength.

She feels Eggsy's body weight shift as he looks over and carefully places a kiss on the top of her head, right on her hair. Maybe it could've been romantic, maybe it was platonic, she didn't know, but she knew it was a sign of safety. She appreciated what she had with him, as a friendship, as potential colleagues, even if they ended up going separate ways after training, she appreciated it. She appreciated everything he was, everything he stood for, everything he did. 

She hoped he appreciated her, too, because if it could be shared, then it would tell her she had someone in her corner, like she'd hoped to have for years and years.