- VI.

Going to bed wasn't Lynn's forte, but neither was waking up at 8am, which is what she considered "barely even dawn yet". What she did not expect, however, was the very rude awakening she got after refusing to get out of bed.

Huddled up under her blanket, she rests peacefully as she tries going back to sleep. She was almost there, until the blanket she was under was ripped from her own hands.

And of course it was courtesy of Eggsy.

"Fucking cut that shit out!—" Lynn begins before seeing Merlin standing next to him, unamused. "Sorry."

"Hurry up and get out," Merlin says. "You're lucky. If I had to do it, it would've been worse."

Lynn mutters under her breath and rolls her eyes as she gets out of bed and walks away, Eggsy following after her. "You're still trying to be friends with me?" Lynn asks annoyedly.

"Na, it's just funnier to mess with you," Eggsy says sarcastically. "You're depressed."

"I'm not depressed first off, you motherf—"

Eggsy stops Lynn before she runs straight into a door. "'Kay, well," He says as he opens the door, "I'm trying to be friendly."

"Whatever," Lynn says. Deep down though, she did really appreciate it. No one else had put in the effort to at least communicate with her like he did. It was nice having somewhat of a friend.

They walk silently to breakfast and sit down together. All of the other candidates seemed to be chatty, but Lynn couldn't bring herself to socialize at 6am with people she didn't like.

Lynn eats her breakfast silently, trying to quickly finish so she could get away from these people. She glances over at Eggsy next to her, who seemed to be barely eating. "You alright?" She asks.

"Yeah, all good," Eggsy says as he sets down his utensil as he sits in silence not eating.

Lynn shrugged and continued to eat until her plate was empty. She sighs as she sets down her utensils and leans back in her chair. "Seriously, what's up," She asks once more.

"I thought we weren't friends," Eggsy says as he finally takes a bite of his food, probably to keep himself quiet.

Leaning back in her chair, Lynn squints her eyes as they burn into the back of Eggsy's head. "We're not friends," yet, "but you are definitely not like your cocky self. You're quiet and kept to yourself. It's unlike you."

Eggsy hums. "Look at you, talking how we ain't friends and shit, here you are saying how I'm unlike myself."

Lynn rolls her eyes. Apparently he didn't seem to want to talk, so she wasn't gonna force it out of him anymore. Her attempt to try and help him out seemed pointless—

"I found out Harry's in a coma-like thing," Eggsy says finally.

Lynn's eyebrows furrow together and her chair slams back down on the ground. "What?"

"Yeah I'm—I'm not sure what it is exactly but he's unconscious," Eggsy says. "I'm going to see him later. You can come, if you want."

Lynn nods. "Yeah, I'll come," She says. "Sorry. I didn't know about that."

Eggsy shrugs as he stands up with his plate in his hands. "It's whatever," He says as he walks towards the trash can.

"As some of you will have learned last night, teamwork is paramount here at Kingsman," Merlin says. "We're here to enhance your skills, test you to the limit. Which is why...

you're gonna pick a puppy."

Lynn stares at the crates unamused. She spots the German Shepherd and immediately knows what dog she's going for. "Wherever you go, your dog goes. You will care for it, teach it, and by the time it's fully trained, so will you be," Merlin says. "Those of you who are still here, that is. Do you understand?"

Everyone nods quietly, and a smirk grows on Merlin's face. "Choose your puppy."

Lynn walks over to the crate where the German Shepherd was and carefully takes it out. "Boy or girl?" She asks Merlin.

"Girl," Merlin says. "Same type of dog your brother had."

Lynn nods slowly as she walks back to her spot and sets the dog down. She already knew what she was going to name her dog: Dove. Not just to honor the nickname her brother had given her, but because she'd honestly always wanted to name a pet Dove. Now she had one to name.

"German Shepherd, seems like you," Eggsy says. Lynn smiles slightly as she tilts her head and looks at his dog.

"A pug?"

Eggsy looks at her, confused. "It's a bulldog, innit?" He asks. Lynn looks at him even more confused. "It'll get bigger though, won't it?"

Lynn laughs and shakes her head, covering her mouth as she giggles. "Shhhh-it," Eggsy whispers.

"All of you have now chosen a pup. Training for the dogs will begin in a little while. In the meantime, you are dismissed," Merlin says.

"A bulldog?" Lynn says. "At least he's cute."

Eggsy tilts his head as he inhales quickly through his nose. "Thinkin' of naming him J.B."

Lynn crouches down to pet the dog. "What, like Jack Bauer?"

"How the hell did you know that?" Eggsy asks.

Lynn shrugs as she stands up. "Well, he was a federal agent. That's like, the closest you can get to a spy right?"

Eggsy scoffs. "For someone who claims to hate me you sure do know me well, for some reason," He says. "Let's go see Harry."

Lynn nods and follows him. "I never said I hated you," She says. "Trusting new people is hard."

Eggsy shrugs. "I get it," He says. They drop the conversation and he finds a place to keep the dogs until they're back (no where that they'd magically almost drown in, or get killed for that matter) before heading straight to the medical wing where Harry was being kept.