12.The shifter

He looked at her with terror pooling his eyes as the word 'shifter' left her lips. It chilled him, made him shiver as the female in front of him was dangerous yet was like him, but he didn't die like she did. They were the same she concluded, but he didn't die, he simply shifted between realities and ended in the Narutoverse. One that had become an alternate dimension as an anomaly like her was brought to this world.

He can't believe it, and neither could she. There was terror coming from the boy but understanding as well, he couldn't exactly know what she felt but he felt sorry for her, his eyes shifted towards Shisui who looked at him curiously with bright (e/c) eyes. Compared to Y/N's  eyes, Shisui's looked bright and alive while Y/N's were sharp and dull. It was weird seeing both looks from different person but with the same eyes, one filled with life and the other dull with death. Both died and lived to tell the tale, a silent tale that only the higher ups can know.

"Are you gonna keep staring or are you going to explain your situation"

Her tone was sharp, questioning and authorative yet soft for some reason as it reached his ears. Her voice was scary yet pleasant at the same time, if its possible to him. She looked young but her eyes were wise and full of wisdom, yet young and still a bit inexperience of joy from this current world she lived and breath in.

"Leave us"

A simple command they, Anbus, recieved. They disappeared at the same time but they are guarding the outside of the building and room, hiding in the shadows. Her (e/c) eyes looked at Shisui who pouted but complied after and left after recieving a look with furrowed brows.
She went to the chair and sat down, she pointed at the chaur that was on the opposite side of the desk. He complied, he sat down obediently knowing she can move faster than the rest of the Anbus, faster than Shisui. Combined with her powers and the chakra at the same time, she can almost be powerful as Madara if his calculations is right.

"Talk"

She said waiting for him to answer, the male cleared his throat looking nervously before sighing, calming himself down. His green eyes stared at her (e/c) ones, he opened his mouth, voice soft and he sounded a bit embarrassed.

"I-I....don't know how I got here"

His voice rang around the room, he squirmed under her gaze as he fidget on the chair. She only narrowed her eyes making him flinch before she turned to the side and gave out a sigh.

"It's either you shifted or worse died. Quite a simple really, although I doubt you died since your simply radiating"

"Eh?"

He could feel his cheeks heat up by her sentence. She looked young, so young. Younger than the animation had portrayed her to be. Then again looks can be very decieving she would be in her early thirties by now.

"Ah I don't think so as well"

He said after some time of silence, his eyes fell to his hands. He didn't die, that's for sure. He had gone to bed, he went home, went to his room then slept due to the exhaustion he felt after hanging out with friends. And then, he found himself captured with weapons pointing at him in all directions.

Believe it or not, it was Kotetsu and Izumo who captured him. He remembered how the two just sleep for the early episodes of Naruto but those two he had encountered earlier were far from the canon he knew. Their gaze was sharp, on guard before an anbu had appeared, he was tied by Izumo while Kotetsu spoke to the anbu.

It would've been fine if he didn't feel threatened, if would've been fine if he stay put but his instincts were screaming so he acted on it to try and get away but more anbus have shown up. The only thing that was on his mind was 'I'm gonna die!'.

"I.....I just went to sleep after a long day"

He uttered, his heart was racing against his chest. He was sure she could hear it, she didn't say anything about it. He raised his head and looked at her when he heard her voice.

"Pardon? Could you please repeat that"

"I asked what year it is in the original world, your world"

'Our' was left unsaid, he didn't say anything about it. Because even Y/N who was a person that was really just an animation, a pigment of someone's imagination to others but to him, she was real. She was a person like him, forced into a place she didn't like, force to fight for her life. She was someone who was unfortunate to deal and experience the horrors of other alternate universe. She was like him, someone who didn't get a say in it.

Someone who was bound by a script to follow. This wasn't canon, at least not the real Narutoverse, it was bullshit.

"2023 turning 2024"

A year, a year after her death before dying and then getting reborn again in another universe. What a pain.

Hi, yes I'm alive but apparently this story is going under a rewrite. What if Y/N ignored everything. What if she left, what if she was given the usual power that every fanfic Y/N has.

Enjoy the short chapter, I'll be writing if I had the time considering my schedule is booked due to me entering college.

Thank you for the love and support