Chapter 3: Chameleo's escape

The world protection agency crew surrounded the old laboratory and their leader spoke into a megaphone: "Come out with your hands up, you are charged with the robbery of dangerous DNA-altering equipment"

Inside the building Dr. Jake L. Hyde and his assistant Dr. Gene Orwell hurried from machine to machine preparing their final experiment: The creation of half human-half animal hybrids. They had escaped the law for long but their luck had finally run out.

With nowhere to turn and both facing life sentences their only option was to experiment on themselves to escape. The machines they had stolen produced two syringes. They took one each and wished each other luck.

The agents busted down the doors and swarmed inside just as the transformation in both of them begun. Both men collapsed on the floor and started to have fits. The agents watched on in horror as first the skin on both shredded off them to be replaced by vibrant green scales.

Both grew tails but Dr. Orwell's was stronger and his eye had become embedded in layers upon layers of round circles. Dr Hyde's fingers and toes grew sharp, tough claws which dug into the ground as he prepared for the worst pain to be endured by any human. Two large wings began to grow and form on his back.

The agents watch as they grew to enormous size and saw that the man's face had already become sharp and pointed and his teeth had become long and canine-like.

The dragon-man stood and looked at his newly formed hand as he shook violently in shock. An ear-piercing roar scream came out as he turned and lunged himself at the agents.

The next few minutes were pure chaos as the creature ripped through them. The agents scattered and began shooting but had lost chameleo.

Dr. Orwell had taken a scalpel to some of the soldiers but remained invisible. The two were no longer human. The lizard part of their brains which controlled fight, flight, feeding, fear, freezing up, and fornication had taken over and the two no longer felt remorse for their enemies.

They had not had their new bodies long but quickly adapted to them and their fighting styles were so different that they complimented each other like Orstein and Smough.

Chameleo used stealth while Dragon-man just went all out. In the end none of the agents remained and the two monsters agreed they should split up and escape into the city.

The creatures exited their lab, dragon flapped his mighty wings and soared upward into the clouds while cameleo walked invisibly along the road.

The school day was over and Tom and Kelly road in the back of their yellow bus which was crammed with other kids around their age. They had become stuck in traffic when the door of the bus was forced open.

"What the?" the driver asked before his head was slammed against the wheel before being pushed off the seat.

The other kids panicked and screamed as the doors shut and the bus veered off the road and through traffic at high speed.

I looked at Tom and we knew we had to do something. We cracked open the back exit but the vehicle and its mystery driver were already weaving through cars and trucks.

"We have to stop it so they can get out" I told Tom. He nodded and we began to make our way up as the rest of our classmates hung on for their lives.

We got close to the front. Tom made a signal with his hands that said he would grab the wheel and for me to get the brake. I nodded and knew why he remained silent: we had the element of surprise.

"Now" he shouted as he went for the wheel. We both felt a shape try to stop us but we had taken control of the bus and began to slow it down steadily while the thing fought us.

The bus came to a stop as we wrestled with the being.

"Run out the back, Now!" I yelled and the rest didn't need to be told twice. They poured out the back until the last one was gone. The thing slammed back onto the accelerator and the bus drove hard sideways into a fence and we went down towards the river.

We let go of it and ran towards the back. We jumped just in time for the bus to hit the water. We both breathed heavily and rested on the river bank but our escape was nothing compared with what dad was facing at the same time.