Chapter 15: By my side all along

Pilate Elliot awoke to find his hands bound, his feet tied, his mouth duck-taped and his eyes blindfolded.

"Well at least I get to congratulate whoever is behind this mess" he thought as he was dragged along the hard floor by his collar.

The last thing he remembered was being put into a prison van, but the more he thought about it the more he suspected he was in the hands of the person responsible for taking down G.R.O.W.

He heard a door opening and he was sat onto a chair.

The door shut and he heard the footsteps come to him.

The blindfold and duct tape were snapped off at the same time, he looked to see a stereotypical investigation room. Complete with a two-way mirror and a wooden table. Across from him sat a figure who wore charcoal coloured armour and had red digital eyes on his helmet which shifted and changed.

"You? You're the one behind all this" Pilate said confused.

"I asked you nicely for two things Elliot. The map and the book. You didn't give them to me and now your empire is over. I managed to get the map before your AI was shut down but now, I need the book. So where is it?" the dark warrior questioned.

"You're the one who tried to hack us and failed so you got mastermind to do it" Elliot proclaimed.

Things were starting to come together in Pilate's mind, he was informed a while back that a criminal hacker had tried to get into his system but he went by another name.

"You couldn't do it without the planet protectors help so you shot down Crimson Crusaders jet, he was brought to Hypno and then to us. With him in our custody you had enough evidence to bring me down and you assembled the team that would do it for it for you" Pilate blurted.

"Yes, but that's beside the point, where is the book?" he growled.

"Fine, I'll tell you. It was stolen in Europe by three hunters in sci-fi armour. I don't know who they are but G-8200 caught them on camera. You should be able to find them if you bring it back online. But I'm guessing that will be difficult for you since it's now in the hands of the planet protectors"

The dark warrior stood up and slammed his hands on the table saying: "Shut your face you bag of filth, I could have killed any of them at any time. Nothing stops me from my goal"

Those words, he had heard them before or something similar. Images began to flash in Pilate's head like he was remembering something that had been taken away.

People laying on the ground, a dark empty coffin and the warrior's two red eyes staring at him from across a building. Pilate had heard of a figure that he thought the warrior was. He searched his brain for a name and a million voices sang it but he couldn't understand them.

Then it was as if a ghost had come into the room and whispered it into his ear:

"Krew-sif-fire"

"Crucifier" Pilate said. The dark warrior's eyes widened as he heard his name.

"You're the one they've been talking about. The half-man, half demon. You're the crucifier" Pilate stated.

Crucifier laughed: "Well done Pilate, you finally remembered"

The crucifier reached the door.

"But now that you know, I can't let you go" Crucifier declared as he opened the exit.

"You won't get away it" Pilate declared as he turned around.

"You forgot one thing" he said as he leaned forward.

"I already have"

With that he exited the room and left the villain shouting.

"YOU CAN'T KEEP ME IN HERE FOREVER, I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE"!

But the door was closed and the deed was done