twentyfour

what more should renjun expect, when bringing a friend to meet his mother, than her embarrassing him with childhood stories and photos.

currently, yangyang was sinking in his seat in a fit of laughter, as renjun's mother showed him pictures of her son in the bath as a kid.

if the boy hadn't seen his naked body on multiple other occasions, renjun would be alot more embarrassed, but his mother didnt know that, so he shook his head and rolled his eyes as yangyang hit his side in hysterics.

"sorry, renjunnie," his mother said, laughing along with yangyang, "my baby was just so~ cute."

"yeah yeah," renjun scoffed, putting his hand on yangyang's thigh under the table, "i still am."

yangyang chuckled gently, not wanting to agree infront of the boy's mother, but looking in his direction, hoping he'd get the message.

which he did, when he let his hand fall too, linking their pinkies atop his thigh.

"i'm sure yangyang's parents will embarass him just as bad, when you meet them," his mother teased, and renjun was confused at the connotations, but ignored them, "what are you two doing after this?"

"i'm probably going home," renjun laughed, as yangyang's finger gently caressed his. he turned to the boy and tilted his head, "you have a meeting, right?"

"mm," yangyang confirmed with a head nod, "later, though."

"ahh.." the woman nodded with a frown, "renjunnie, you should wait up for him with a cup of warm tea~"

renjun scoffed, as yangyang practically drooled at the idea.

"mom, he lives like, fifteen minutes away."

"oh, you dont live together?"

"nuh-uh," he shook his head, "we're in different units- mom- you're a fake fan!" he teased, making the two laugh.

"i'm your biggest fan, baby," he smiled, "i just dont keep track of your sleeping arrangements.."

yangyang shrugged, "fair, actually."

renjun rolled his eyes once more, secretly finding it endearing how much yangyang entertained and got on with his mother.

yangyang had always been a family guy.

when renjun first met him, and they started 'hanging out' more, and spending more time together, he started to realize how interesting the boy was.

he had so much love and emotion, especially towards family, his friends, pets, things that were important to him.

he cared so much about everyone, and never got sick of doing it. he'd always attempt to make everyone happy, and care for as many people as he could, despite being busy himself.

the fond smile yangyang gave the woman across the table, and the gentle stare as she talked, made renjun's heart burst.

yangyang was so lovely, and he hated him for it.

-

"text me when you're home," renjun smiled, patting yangyang's knee and grabbing his bag from the back of the car, "i worry about your driving sometimes."