twentynine

"they moved in with eachother after living together for a WEEK?" yangyang's eyes widened, as chenle told the group about his family gossip, fuelled by alcohol.

chenle nodded with a laugh, as renjun sighed, reaching up with a stretch, letting his arm fall behind yangyang, and hold his lower back,

"big talk for a guy who just told me he loved me for the first time over text.." renjun teased, pinching the boy's side as his face became completely red.

the room filled with small gasps and giggles, as renjun smirked towards yangyang. the boy looked embarrassed, bless him, but it didnt take long for his cocky ego to come back.

"you wanna get married? is that it?" he asked, making renjun shake his head and sigh.

"anyways!" renjun continued the conversation, and automatically, everyone kept talking.

yangyang rolled his eyes, making renjun smile, pulling the boy into him, "you good?"

"mm.." yangyang nodded, resting his head on the latter's shoulder, before switching to mandarin for more privacy, acknowledging chenle's presence on the opposite side of the room, "you're not mad at me, right?"

"huh?" renjun tilted his head, "why would i be mad at you baby?"

yangyang felt his heart flutter, watching as the boy smiled, "for like, saying love too quick- i dunno."

"im just teasing, baby," renjun smiled, "it was over text. doesn't count. i just freaked out a little, that's all."

"mm.." yangyang nodded, his hand landing on renjun's knee, "can i get a drink?"

"why are you asking?" renjun smiled, with a nod, switching back to korean, getting the attention of everyone else as yangyang stood up.

he held his hand on the boy's thigh, pushing him up before getting comfortable on the couch.

when he made eye contact with chenle across from him, he immediately knew what to expect. the boy giggled in response to renjun's eyeroll, before calling out.

"ya, you two are weird!"

"mind your own business."

"maybe if you weren't all baby-this and baby-that on the couch infront of me i'd be able to!"

"you're jealous."

"no, i'm nauseous"

-

"baby...." renjun smiled, greeting yangyang in the kitchen, as he'd been out there for a lot longer than it should've taken him to get a drink, "what are you doing?"

yangyang span around on his heels, bottle in his hand as he poured it into a cup, "renjun~" he said softly, as if his heart melted at the sight of the boy.

"yangyang.." renjun returned the gentle tone of voice, approaching him and wrapping his arms around his waist, "what're you doing, yangyang."

"getting a drink," he replied, looking along renjun's hairline, as he pushed it back, "i told you."

"you've been out here for nearly twenty minutes yang," renjun laughed, rubbing up and down the boy's back, "you're good? you okay?"

"ouh..." yangyang scoffed, "yeah yeah, i'm good. must've dozed off and uh- you guys have a wide range of alcohol-"

"why are you acting weird?~" renjun whined, his fingers hooking yangyang's jeans, touching the skin of his hips, "you drunk?"

yangyang smiled, and in this moment, renjun noticed his low, dark hooded eyes and the shot glass on the counter, "mm, not as much as i could be."