thirty

"breakfast is ready," yangyang said, approaching renjun in his bed, sat next to him after dismissing donghyucks groans due to affection being shown just across from him, "wake up.."

renjun took a moment to slowly open his eyes, for them to adjust to the light. he smiled when yangyang placed his hand over his face, despite not helping too much, renjun found him cute.

"are you not hungover?" renjun mumbled, voice hoarse and dry, followed by a cough. the boy nodded, as renjun sat up against the headboard, "why're you up?"

"made breakfast," yangyang answered, as if it was obvious, "would it be smart to wake jeno up for it or?-"

renjun looked at yangyang in awe, and the latter stared back in confusion, "you made breakfast. what did you make?"

"bunch'a stuff," yangyang shrugged, his hand drawing patterns on the blanket atop renjun's thigh, "i woke up a while ago, and felt like shit, so i wanted to do something so i didn't feel like shit all day."

renjun smiled with an 'ah', "i'll wake everyone up. i dont want them to hate you this early on."

"he woke me up," donghyuck mumbled, facing the wall with his blanket covering him completely, "and i dont even get kisses."

"all you have to do is ask, donghyuck-ah~" yangyang teased, reaching over and patting the unidentifiable blanket mound.

"mhm. that was my ass."

"but you liked it."

"no, shut up."

renjun scoffed, pushing yangyang away, "go sort bowls n' stuff. i'll wake people up."

"already done baby~" yangyang said proudly, stumbling off of the bed.

"okay then just, i dunno, do something else."

"romance is dead." - another mumble from the neighbouring bed.
-

"yangyang is fine."

"what?" renjun laughed, deep in his chest, with a slight concern as to what the boy meant.

"i approve of him," jeno smiled, "he's good now."

renjun scoffed, nodding, "thanks, jen."

they sat on the couch together, after everyone else left to go to solo schedules and other things.

"are you gonna ask him to be your boyfriend?"

"i- uh-" renjun laughed, scratching his eyebrow, "maybe? not yet. i dont wanna.. be the one to."

"mm.." jeno nodded, letting his head fall back, "so he wears the pants."

the older rolled his eyes, "homophobic."

"i'm gay."

"you're bi" renjun corrected, patting jeno's leg, "lets talk about you. do you wanna date?"

"damn, you're askin' me out? your boyfriend just left," jeno teased, before renjun punched his thigh, "i uh- i dont know."

"you and chenle were trying things out, weren't you?" renjun tilted his head, "how did that go?"

"mm.." jeno hummed, "we... still are? it's not really going anywhere though."

renjun pouted, "and you want it to?" jeno nods, "hmm."

"we're- he- i think i like him, but.." jeno rambled, "i dont think it'll go anywhere. i think we're both looking for something we can't give eachother."

"yeah?"

"yeah.." jeno nodded, "we went on a date the other day, after practice. he kissed me when i took him home."

"did you like it?"

jeno nodded, but he still looked sad about it. renjun really understood. he'd been watching their relationship from the sidelines, and he really knew what the boy meant

"we both know it's not gonna work," jeno shrugged, "i think we both just want... someone to kiss? and someone to entertain ourselves with."

"if you need me to talk to him, i can?" renjun suggested, "but i think you should both talk to eachother. better to break it off now, than get too reliant on messing with eachother and then have to stop."

jeno nodded, shutting his eyes, "whatever. it's fine. we're fine~"

"no you're not." renjun chuckled.

"nah. but it's fine."