thirtyfour

"renjun's been off since he got back," jeno pouted, as he opened the door for yangyang, "i assume you know. he's asleep now, i think."

yangyang nodded with a frown, "yeah..."

"d'you know what's up?" jisung asked, leaning against the doorframe after getting a snack, as their game had to be paused to let in the older.

"i uh- vaguely, yeah," yangyang confirmed, "he asked me to come over, he wasn't doing well."

the two boys frowned, before jeno shook his head and moved out of the way, "i'm sure he's waiting if he's not asleep, go on."

yangyang chuckled and nodded, hanging his coat up and sliding his shoes off.

he heard the two walk back to their game with small mumbles about whatever they were doing.

yangyang had always loved the vibes of these guys' house. it always felt like a big sleepover.

he opened the door to renjun and donghyuck's bedroom to find the boy sprawled out on his bed, leftover takeaway boxes placed next to his feet, and the tv still playing.

donghyuck wasn't home, which is something he definitely should've asked, but he was glad, so he could comfort the boy without disturbing him.

he carefully picked up the tupperware, grateful that renjun hadn't knocked it over in his sleep, and took it to the kitchen before returning with a cup of water.

"renjun-ah," he whispered, placing the cup on the table, lifting up the blanket and repositioning it, before joining the boy in his bed, "i'm here.."

renjun whirred in his sleep, feeling the dip in the mattress when yangyang sat on it. he whimpered gently, patting around with his eyes closed as if searching for the boy, "mph- yang-"

he smiled at the boy, a small laugh before he pulled him close, "im here, im here, yangyang felt renjun relax in his arms, his legs sleepily wrap around his own, "you okay baby?"

"mm.. okay.." renjun nodded, "you're here. i'm okay."

yangyang pouted, pressing his lips on the top of renjun's head, and leaving them there for a moment, "was the food nice?"

the older nodded against his chest.

"im glad," yangyang hummed, stroking the boy's hair, "have you brushed your teeth? washed your face?"

renjun shook his head.

"c'mon, you've gotta do that before we sleep.."

it was around 10pm now, and the tv was still playing whatever movie renjun had put on. he could hear jisung and jeno murmuring in the living room, and getting excited over the game, along with jaemin's keyboard clicking in the room next door.

it was nice. he understood why renjun would much rather stay comfortable, and in bed.

"mmmph-" renjun grumbled in disagreement, "tired."

"i know, but you'll be grateful in the morning," yangyang explained, sitting up with the latter, "i'll do it for you if you want."

renjun nodded, his eyes still shut, but facing yangyang.

the younger found him adorable, as he held his cheeks gently and kissed his lips, "it'll take ten minutes baby."

-

yangyang applied the cleanser to renjun's face, after pushing his hair back with one of those plushie headbands (this one had fox ears, which yangyang found very cute.)

he had renjun pressed against the wall, so he'd stay comfortably stood up as he applied all of these products. his eyes were closed most of the time, but the boy had to stay somewhat coherent in order to tell yangyang what to do, and how to use everything.

every few moments, renjun recieved a gentle peck on his now moisturised lips, feeling like a way to keep him motivated, or something.

"is that all?" yangyang asked, holding renjun's face while using his other hand to rummage through renjun's bathroom cupboard, "you have that nice lip balm, no?"

"that's in my bag, stupid," renjun mumbled affectionately, before stretching a little, and pushing away from the wall, "lets do face masks."

"but- wont that mean we have to redo everything i just did?" yangyang sulked, his shoulders dropping, as renjun smiled.

"i'll do it, it's fine."

"but that's a waste!" he whined, genuine concern in his voice.

"yangyang seriously, it's okay."

yangyang sighed with defeat, before renjun pulled two packs from the drawer at their hips.

"but now you can't sleep, either."

renjun rolled his eyes, but a smile was still present on his lips as he ripped open the plastic and tilted the boy's face up, "it's ten o'clock, it's fine. chill out."

yangyang nodded, complete silence filling the room as renjun concentrated, and the latter concentrated on not moving a singular muscle.

"for someone with perfect skin, you really do seem to be petrified of skincare."

yangyang nodded, "it really does scare me. i have that set of stuff the dermatologist gave me, but other than that, i have no idea what anything does."

he looked at himself in the mirror, as if amazed by the fabric laid apon it, before diverting his gaze to renjun.

"pretty."

"hm?"

"you're pretty."

renjun giggled, before covering his mouth out of embarrassment of said giggle.

"ah. cute too."

"shut up."

renjun glared at yangyang through the mirror, finishing applying the mask before spinning on his heels to face him again,

"how long does this have to be on for? im already hating it."

"half an hour."

"HALF AN HOUR?!-"

a/n

yangyang does renjun's skincare after a long day when he's way too tired to do it himself
and
renjun does yangyang's skincare after a drunk night out because he's definitely 10x more sober than him.