Chapter 17

*2 weeks later.*

Me and Deano came second in the lifeguards sports day, purely because I saved a guy while in my dress but we did come 3rd with points, but Hoppo decided to appoint us some extra points for my bravery of dress ruining. Their reactions were priceless when I told them the price of my dress, it was so comical. I ruined it to save a guy that one of the boys would have easily saved and possibly have beaten me too it if I had yelled it before stripping myself of my jewelry.

The Dune Buggy had arrived from China yesterday and some of the Bra boys that Jesse knows have started on putting it together and adding their own parts so for instance they are adding some better hydraulics and added the front windscreen and gave me a fold-able flat top roof and doors. Also they are making a box of spare parts that will be needed if we get in an accident at the races, and a spare wheel on top of that box. They made it so we still have room for a tent and a couple of bags for our clothes and stuff.

I'm really excited to see it as I haven't even seen it in parts yet, so it could look completely different to what I've ordered haha.

In the meantime though, I've kept myself busy on Maxi's old on the road dirt bike, which I've been playing around on as I'm licensed for it and am on the same insurance.

It's 7am at the moment and I've dressed in a white vest top and some shorts, before quietly slipping into Abi's room and going into her wardrobe, closing the doors behind me, before opening one of her cupboards and pulling out the dirt bike trousers and top, before slipping them on and the boots before grabbing the helmet, gloves and goggles and sneaking back out quietly, closing her bedroom door trying not to disturb her as she got back late from her course last night.

I go back into mine and Maxi's bedroom and going over to his side of the bed where he's dozing in and out of sleep.

"I'm going out for a spin on the bike, I love you babe and I'll see you later!" I whisper to him kissing his plump lips.

"Drive safely please babe." He mumbles kissing me back before letting me go so I can leave. I smile to myself walking out of the bedroom and down the hall, checking my outfit (writting like this means the links for them are in the comments) before carrying on to the door, grabbing my Card and the keys. I open the door and walk out, closing it behind me before running down the stairs, helmet and goggles and keys in one hand, while slipping my phone and card into my trouser pocket.

Once on the ground floor, instead of walking out the front main doors, I walk out the back doors which lead to the individual garages before shoving the key into the garage shutter door and slide it up. I walk over to the sheeted bike and pull off the sheet and shoving it in a box before going over to the bike kicking it off its stand and wheeling it out of the garage door before putting the stand down and going back to the garage. and pulling the shutter door down and locking it. I pull the keys out of the lock and putting them in the bike and turning it on. I put my leg over it before standing up and jump starting it, I pick my helmet up off of the floor and pulling it on as well as the goggles and slip my gloves on also before kicking the stand off and zooming off.

You're probably wondering if I've spoken to my Dad recently, the truth is... I've been doing everything in my power to ignore him, he says he cares for me, and that he always has, but if he cared for me then why leave me with that monster of a mother? He's come by the flat but no ones let him in, he's come by at work and I hid out on the rescue board and he's even been by Hoppo's place but I refuse to see him or hear from him. He doesn't care, because if he did, then he wouldn't have waited so long.