Chapter 6

*Next Morning!*

I wake up and head over to the shower having a long relaxing soak before coming out and putting my blue hair in a high up fishtail plait.

I apply a little Surfer Black mascara and walk over to my wardrobe. I change into my uniform before running into living room.

"Morning Maxi!" I Smile kissing his cheek and pinching a slice of his toast.

"Woah! When did you dye your hair?" He asks looking at the plait.

"Yesterday after work! Just after breaking up with Blake!" I smile slightly looking at the floor.

"I'm not working today so I'll bring your Lunch over!" He smiles cheekily, kissing my cheek before shoving me out the door.

I run down the stairs and over the road into The Tower.

"Hey Guys!" I smile hugging Bacon, Reidy, H-man, Jesse, Ben, Jake and Harries.

"All the best Lifeguards are on Duty today!" I wink. They all laugh.

"Holly your working at south end with me! Reidy and Jesse are at Backpackers. Harries is at north. Ben on the Jetski. While H-man and Jake are in The Tower!" Bacon smiles. I nod grabbing The Black Rhino's keys and skipping down the stairs. I sit in the drivers seat and Bacon sits next to me. I turn the ignition before flooring it down to South.

"So were about's are you strongest?" I ask parking front row in front of the water.

"Bronte!" He laughs.

"Oh cool! I'm actually better on the Jetski than the board! Nobody actually knows that, not even Hoppo. Not been put on it yet!" I smile at him.

"Nice hair by the way!" He smiles only just noticing.

"Thanks, had it done yesterday after work" I giggle playing with my plait.

"There's someone struggling out there!" I point into the water taking off my top grabbing a Rescue board and gliding it over the water before pouncing on it and paddling out.

I reach the man who's now floating there lifeless. I signal back to Bacon that this is a resus. I heave the man onto my board and paddle back in Fast. I drag him off my board and onto the sand before starting CPR. Bacon kneels next to me doing the Oxygen.

"Everybody step the FUCK away!" I scream out in frustration still doing CPR. Jake shoves through the 'ring of death' with the defib. He turns on the defib strapping it onto his torso. We all step back and watch as he jolts due to the electrical current racing through.

"Check pulse!" The defib says electronically calm

I quickly put my forefingers on his neck and find a pulse, getting stronger.

"Thank God!" I scream out taking the defib pads off the man, rolling him onto his side and moving closer to him. The crowd claps loudly and I blush

"Hello Sir! Do you know where you are?" I ask him loud and clear. He open's his eyes and throws up alot of water.

"Bondi Beach!" He whispers exhausted.

"Well done sir! What's your name and age?" I smile at him sweetly wrapping a towel over him so he doesn't get cold.

"My names Calum Lloyd. I'm 28!" He smiles under the oxygen mask.

"How long was I out for?" He asks breathing deeply.

"You were clinically dead for 10 minutes but I brought you round!" I smile looking up at the crowd that's now parting for the paramedics.

They pull him onto the spinal board and I walk with them up the beach.