Chapter 15

I'M SO SORRY FOR THE SLOW UPDATES! BUT PLEASE ENJOY THIS ONE, IT'S NOT WHAT YOU WOULD EXPECT....

*1 Month Later*

January went by fast and uneventful. If anything, it's been weird. Nothing from my family back in America, apart from a post card from Gemma, Todd and Ella-Grace when they went to Disney Land, but that's about it! No gossip on what's been going on! Now that is REALLY weird.

I'm getting kind of suspicious with Abi, Dad & Stacey too. Dad's been avoiding me, and when I see Stacey on an odd occasion, when she pops into work to give Dad his lunch; she has either a guilty or sad look, but that's exactly the same as Abi. It's driving me insane!

Maxi's even confused, and he's always in on plans so something must be bad!

Me and Maxi are sitting in the bedroom flicking through the channels on the T.V. because the one in the living room is completely ruined as clumsy Abi ran over the power cord with the steam cleaner and water got into electronics. Honestly, what an idiot. I'm due to go to dinner with Abi in 10 minutes and I'm completely ready for it. I heard her door close about 30 minutes age, but she hasn't come knocking yet.

"I'll see you later Honey!" I giggle giving Maxi a peck on the lips before bouncing of the bed, grabbing my bag and leaving out the door, shutting it behind me.

I go down the hall and hear hushed shouting. I round the corner and suddenly 4 pairs of eyes are locked with mine.

"Abi, Dad, Mum... What's going on? Who's this?" I ask slowly confusion etched on my face.

"Umm, why don't we answer these during dinner?" Abi smiles a fake crooked smile.

"Err, yes. That would be easier, and we won't run the risk of Maxi finding out!" Hoppo smiles sincerely.

"Can I at least know this man's name?" I ask as Abi leads me out the door, I take a quick glance at the man to see hurt slapped onto his face.

"My names Paul!" The man; who might I say is about 7 years younger than Hoppo and looks very familiar, speaks in his American accent while keeping his eyes to the floor.

"Thank you. My names Holly by the way. Holly Siggins!" I flash him my signature smile before getting the passenger seat of Hoppo's SUV, which called eternal shotgun for when I was 5, Stacey always sat behind me telling me stories about Hoppo without him knowing. Good times.

"Can I put the radio on Hopp? The atmosphere in this car is like someone's just died!" I whine reaching over and turning the radio on to find my Nickleback's CD still in here and Photograph starts playing.

"I remember you said that this was Dad's favourite song before he died, and that it played at his funeral!" I smile widely looking over at an uncomfortable Hoppo and my smile faults. I go quiet looking out of the window to find we are pulling into the car park of the restaurant.

"I'm ordering the BBQ ribs!" Me and Abi shout excitedly and simultaneously while hopping out of the SUV and running into the restaurant.

We take our seats at a 5 seated table, me and Abi opposite each other.

The other three adults come take their seats, an uncomfortable Paul sitting at the head of the table.

"Okay, so can everybody now tell me what's been going on for the past month with your behaviours, the avoidance, the guilty looks and who this Paul guy is?" I look between everyone to see them staring at their menus, avoiding my gaze apart from Abi, who looks quite frustrated at them.

"Really?! Neither of you are gunna man up and tell Holly the truth? HONESTLY??" Abi roars at them causing them to jump. Luckily we're the only ones in the restaurant and have a private section.