[3] dollar bills

edited:

yeeun drives to the mall, a thirty-minute drive from the race arena. she parks the car, switches on the interior lighting, and pulls out the wad of cash. 

she counts the money and splits it into three neat stacks. yeeun opens the glovebox and takes out three ziploc bags, labelled 'needs & wants', 'school', and 'savings'. she packs them into the bags and places them in her pocket. 

she took off the mask, her leather jacket and untied her hair. yeeun exits the car before locking the door and walks towards the mall entrance.

first, she gets the groceries from the supermarket.

then, she gets some bread for the next day's breakfast.

finally, she deposits the cash into her savings account at the bank. 

yeeun checked the time on her watch; it was 9.30 pm.

she gets back to her car and drives home. her grandma's house was a landed house, with space to park one car outside. it was a cosy house with all she needed.

yeeun enters the house and is greeted by her sister sitting on the tatami flooring, watching dramas on the television. she greets her grandma with a hug before heading upstairs to take a shower and finish her homework.

this was how yeeun separated school life from her racing life. racing was why she, her grandma, and her little sister lived comfortably.

 racing was why she, her grandma, and her little sister lived comfortably