[10] the man himself

edited:

keita sat on his car's hood, wearing a denim jacket over his sleeveless white shirt. he wore cargo pants, and his classic shades were perched on his head. he watched a dodge charger drive into the arena.

"the mysterious masked racer, jae, has arrived!" aerichan announced into the mic. the crowds' cheers intensified. 

i have never heard that person speak before, keita mused, sipping on his coke. as he finished the last drop of the drink, another car arrived. keita watched the driver exit the car and scoffed.

"still in the condition to even race, k?"

koga yudai, or k, the leader yeeun had beaten up the day before, scowled.

"of course," he replied coolly. the scar on his forehead was still evident, and keita could not look at it, or he would laugh.

"deserved, honestly," keita mumbled to himself so k couldn't hear him. the announcement that the race was starting in ten minutes was sounded, so keita got off his car hood and went into the car to prepare.

"ARE YOU ALL GUYS READY!" aerichan yelled into the microphone, and the racers revved their cars. ni-ki, whom aerichan invited, stood by the starting line and held the signal horn up.

"three!"

the cars revved even louder. yeeun merely adjusted her mask.

"two!"

she could hear the cheers getting louder.

"ONE!"

the horn blared, signalling the start of the race.