[2] adrenaline

edited:

it was the adrenaline rush.

every gear shift, every steer, every time the needle hit over the speed of 100km/h.

yeeun could feel the adrenaline coursing through her veins, just like an intravenous drip would.

speeding through the nights of Tokyo, yeeun shifted the gear stick again. she was now neck to neck with another opponent.

of course, none other than keita himself. yeeun stepped on the gas pedal harder and drifted through a U-bend, clouds of gas emitting from the exhaust. 

the sounds of cheers were distant to yeeun; she could only hear one voice in her head.

Win the race.

a car started bumping her side of her car. she flipped the nitro switch and pressed the tiny red button. blue flames shot out of the nitro exhaust, distancing herself from that car and nearing the finishing line where she could make out aerichan waving the checkered flag. she stomped on the gas pedal harder and got to the finishing line. the crowd cheers, even more, louder as she exited the car. aerichan passes a wad of bills to yeeun.

"impressive work, jae!" 

yeeun nodded and took the prize money with both hands, putting it into the inner pocket of her leather jacket. she took out her phone— a different phone from the one she uses daily— and scrolled through the messages.

invitations, invitations, and more invitations to multiple races throughout tokyo. she usually chose the high-stakes ones. as she continued scrolling, keita walked towards her. 

"i've always seen you around here, but how is it that i don't know you?" keita teasingly said, arm reaching out to shake her hand.

yeeun ignored it and went into her car. she started the car and drove away from the venue as he watched.

 she started the car and drove away from the venue as he watched