[17] last dance

edited:

fourthly, there's no mercy here. people here will do anything to get what they want, even if it meant killing someone.

today there was a new racer. yeeun knew as a shiny bugatti veyron drove to the start line. so far, out of all the racers, no one owned a bugatti. 

aerichan walks to the centre of the start line. 

"ARE YOU GUYS READY!" she shouts, and the crowd goes wild.

"three!"

yeeun slipped on her gloves. she could see something glowing green from the corner of her eye.

"two!"

"ONE!"

she stomped on the gas pedal, and the cars sped towards the finishing line. that day the stakes were higher, a 20% increase from the usual. 

she swerves from lane to lane, overtaking multiple cars. she shifts her gear stick again and drifts through the bends, nearly bumping into another car. she flips the nitro switch cover open and presses the tiny red button. the car speeds along the straight but narrow road, blue flames coming out from the nitro exhaust.

you have to win this.

she sped towards the finishing line but, just then, she heard a car crash, the loud sound ringing in her ears. 

yeeun looks in the rear mirror. taking advantage of yeeun's distracted mind, the bugatti speeds past her.

yeeun could replay the scene in slow-mo in her mind, the flash of neon green on the racer's neck and his smirk as he passed by her, the overturned car behind her—

she realises that it was keita's car. 

fuck.