[4] changes

edited:

tw: suicide attempts

a year ago.

yoon felt numb. she was tired and did not know what to do anymore. 

she did not know how to help herself anymore.

standing on the ledge of the tallest school building, she hung her hands on the railings and felt the cold wind blow on her face and hair. dark clouds were forming all around Tokyo. she stood up, and climbed over the railings.

one, two and-

"if i were you, i wouldn't jump when people are watching."

yoon looked up at the person speaking. she was sitting on a water tank, clad in a leather jacket, with a lollipop in her mouth. she flipped her galaxy fold, embedded with gems and keychains, shut before looking at yoon straight into the eyes.

"now, get your ass behind the railings."

"you don't even know what i'm going through," yoon grumbled, slipping back behind the railings.

"come on, i'm your classmate. i know what i'm supposed to know. money issues?" yeeun pulled out her lollipop and waved it around. yoon nodded.

"i don't even have time to chase my dreams since i'm always busy working at the diner"

"what's your dream?"

"to be a car mechanic."

yeeun sat in silence before doing a double take.

"well, that's one interesting dream. you're the top scorer in our class, right?"

yoon nodded, lots of questions running through her mind.

yeeun paused, sucking on her lychee-flavoured lollipop.

"tell you what. i'll teach you to fix cars, and in exchange, you tutor me for homework."

"what?! well, that's my first time hearing 'yeeun' and 'homework' in one sentence."

yeeun raised her hands. "hey, i wasn't always like this, unlike keita. i'm trying to achieve a balance between work and earning money."

yoon hesitated. "okay, then..."

"what? don't you trust me? come on, ima get you fully booked, yeah? let's go."

yeeun jumped from the water tank and dragged yoon out of the rooftop.