6. Smile

Seojun's POV

*7 years ago*

I throw the basketball and it lands directly into the net. "Did you see that Soojin?!" I asked the noirette who was sitting on a bench near the basketball court, in her hands a dosirak. I hold my ball and walk towards her, taking notice of her bruised knees and dirty shorts. "You fell again? Stay there, let me get you some band-aids." I sighed, annoyed.

"Yah! No one asked you to take care of my wounds!" She yelled, pissed off as usual. I grabbed my first aid kit and set it down beside her on the bench, crouching to tend to her wound. She huffed, looking to the side and crossing her arms "If only you were more like- '', however i cut her off before she could finish.

"Suho? You made that for him right?" I ask, slightly annoyed. Her cheeks had turned into a shade of strawberry pink and she was also fuming. It had been like this since we were younger; She always followed us for Suho and would always belittle me. But I still felt bad for her. She always looked so helpless, and to add on, clumsy. However no matter how hard i tried to seek out her friendship, she always prioritised Suho.

Even so, I still felt some attachment to her. She may be spoiled, a little bit of a princess complex. Very rough around the edges, however she still deserves a chance.

"Do you wanna eat some?" She muttered, using her hair to cover her face. "Isn't that dosirak for Suho?" I ask, slightly irritated. "Yes, just think of it as a gift for helping me..." She said, flipping her hair off of her shoulder. "You do know Suho is here right?" I questioned, packing up my belongings. "Yes, I'm aware. So do you wanna share some?" She asked, smiling at me. It wasn't like those fake smiles or smirks she gives me when I get an answer wrong in class.

It's a genuine one. Dimples and all.

I felt my cheeks flush and I slapped my cheeks, attempting to keep my composure. "Fine..." She beamed with delight, however quickly replaced it trying to keep her cool. "I'm fine, you're fine." She says, pretending to look away.

"Look! Seo is proposing to Jinnie!" Yelled some kid who was watching this whole fiasco. "NO HE IS NOT!" yelled Soojin, eyes filled with rage and disgust. "I'd rather kiss a frog than kiss this roach!" She looked at me as if I was the scum of the earth. "Well i'd say i'd rather kiss a pig if you didn't already resemble one!" I snapped back, standing up and so did she. "Yah! Seo. You did not go there" She said hands on her hips. "Oh yes I did." I say raising my nose up in the air.

"Be careful putting her head back before your neck breaks hal-abeoji" She says, enunciating the last part. "Listen here Jun-" Before the same kid who started this breaks us up. "Hold on hold on! Seo, you said you'd rather kiss a pig than Junnie." He says grinning from ear to ear. I glare at her and smirk. "Yeah. I would. Pigs are ten times prettier!"

*Hmph* she vocalised.

"But you also said Junnie looks like a pig, so you think Junnie is pretty?" She says, his grin becoming bigger.

"H-Hey! Hold on!" I say flabbergasted, and stumble over my words. "So you'd kiss Junnie?!!?!?!?" He yelled, catching everyone's attention. I ran towards him to cover his mouth however it was too late. Amongst all of the commotion, I was able to hear something.

Something so light, and so sweet.

Like a lullaby.

A relaxing melody.

Music to my ears.

A laugh. From none other than Soojin. It warmed my heart to see her laugh so warmly.

I want to make her smile again.

—---

Sorry i've been gone everybody! I have a lot of tests coming up but my workload is slowly decreasing! I thought that this little flashback would be pretty nice and cute, and you guys should rememeber some of the inside jokes here because they'll come up later on in the story!