18. Top girl

Bro. I want to do this specific chapter, however idk how to write it. Anyways, ima chat. So basically, i have this really REALLY big science project and i suck at science so i wanted to improve my grades right? So i had to do it in a group, now id be fine with this if my group member wasnt the same one i always get during science (idk y) and they also copy and pasted their whole part. So the past 2 weeks instead of writing, i had been doing the whole entire part of that persons project, which made me have to stop doing some of my chores like laundry. So today, i had finished everything, did my laundry, and now i had to continue writing this, which is y its so short. I'm sorry about the delays, truly! I'm trying my best!

--

Seojun's POV

"I like you!" I said, my heart beating out of my chest as i observed the raven colored girl's reaction. "What???" She dragged out, her face contorting in confusion. That was the time i confessed to Soojin, 8 years ago. It started off very simple. Of course, it had to be, I was 9.

"Suho's my best friend!" I huffed at the girl who clang to Suho. "No! He's known me longer!" Soojin huffed, clinging onto Suho's arm tighter. "We only need two people, me and Suho-" I started, gently pushing her off and hugging Suho's other arm as he interrupted me. "Suho and I." He said. "We dont need any pretty girls running around us!"

In all of my 17 years of life, I'd never had this much beef with someone. Especially over a guy. I'd bicker with Soojin every chance I was given. Soojin, of course, kept pining after Suho and made him lunch boxes, gifts, and many, many more failed attempts. After one day, she changed.

"It's okay to cry Jinnie! Just cry whenever you need to..." I whispered into her ear as she snuggled into my chest. "I'll be here with you... It's alright..."

Since then, she has followed me around. She'd make me play with dolls with her, practice ballet while cheering for me when I played basketball with the others and bring me food. "Go ahhh~" She hummed, placing the fork near my lips. I take a bite and swallow as she looks at me with joy plastered on her face. She'd run up to me and hug me instead of Suho, cling onto my arm, and make me be the husband or the dog when we played house. I'd say that things have changed in the present, but right now it's the same.

"Seojun" Soojin smiled, skipping herself over to me with a snack in hand. I snap myself out of my thoughts and smile at the girl who skipped over to me. She hugged me and my hands instinctively landed on her waist while she looked up at me and smiled. "I got you a snack!" She said, dangling her finger infront of my nose. "Lemme go get it..." She said, walking away from me, leaving me with Suho, Su-ah and Jugyeong. "WHAT?!?!?!?!?" Su-ah screamed, her face going pale. "What?" I ask. "DID YOU SEE THE WAY HE HELD HER?!" She said to Jugyeong, pointing a finger at Soojin who was talking to another classmate. "What? I hugged her!" I say innocently, cocking my head to the side.

"You held her waist." Jugyeong teased, poking my cheek. Oddly enough, this was slightly annoying. "Dont make things weird." I said, wrapping my arms around my body. "Anyways, you guys have cheer practice. Its why im here." I lean back into the bleachers, looking at the Baseball team on the field. "We're waiting for your girlfriend~ Soojin~" Su-ah teased, making me giggle slightly. "Sounds nice..." I say to myself. She makes good snacks, shes rich and gifts are her love language. She could be the breadwinner while i stay home and clean. "Plus, I'd look hot in an apron." I flatter myself, chuckling at the thought.

"You would." Said soojin, dropping a bag in my lap.

"Wheres my snack?" I query, searching through the bag. "Thats my purse, and you'll get it once im done practice." She smiles. I notice that she was dressed in her cheer uniform, however hers was different from Jugyeong's. Hers had longer sleeves, more gold, and her hair was in a high pony tail. A very high one. Made me wanna pull it. She kissed my cheek and went down to practice.

She commanded them all nicely, helping them with their form, posture and their flexibility. Then came the time that she had to let them practice by themselves. I look at Jugyeong as she struggled lifting her leg over her head. Jugyeong and I locked eye contact. She blushed and looked away while i fiddlied with the things inside of Soojin's purse. I didnt think nothing of our interaction until Soojin walked over. "Hold my leg for me." She asked, more like commanded. I grabbed her calf and pulled it up.

"Higher." She demanded. So i raised it higher.

"Higher." She said, her voice more firm. And i did.

"Higher!" She growled. I looked at her face, expecting her eyes to meet me only to see them look at Jugyeong. "Soojin?" I ask, catching on to the situation. Is she? I giggle to myself, decided to keep that thought for later. Her breathing was controlled, even when she had her leg thrown up to her shoulder. "Let go now, I want to see if i can ballance on my own." She asked, spreading her arm out to try and stabilize herself.

"Soojin." I say. This time she does look at me, her face holding no sign of emotion. "You know you're my top girl right?" At this she fell. Face forward. "Shit!" She cursed, rubbing her face. "God dang it Seo!" She smacked me upside my head. I giggle as she brushed dirt off of her uniform. "I'm not buying you anything!" She huffed, rubbing her leg. "Dont be a brat!" I called out, cupping my mouth. "I hate you!' She yelled, raising the middle finger at me as she approached the others. "You love me!" I smile.

Because I feel bad, heres a spoiler for a chapter i wont specify!

"Perfect wedding my ass." She slurred, slamming her glass once filled with soju onto the counter. "This is so stupid. Shes my bestfriend for goodness sake." She said, her eyes becoming glossy. Was it from the alcohol or am I on the verge of tears? Either way she didn't care. She drank half a glass once again, plopping her head down onto the bar with a 'plop'. "Jealousy rears her pretty head." said a voice from behind her. Bait is used to lure the prey.

"Glass of water please!" The voice said, wrapping an arm around her shoulder. "Fuck off." She said, attempting to slap its arm off. "Chill, no need to get vulgar with me." At this, Soojin was heavily irritated. She looked up at the voice's face, her mouth being pulled into a smirk. "Of course... Han Seojun." 

(Hope this makes up for it!)