11. A bridge with no foundation.

Vocabulary:

Promulgate: promote or make widely known (an idea or cause)

Dubiety: the state or quality of being ; uncertainty.

Timid: showing a lack of courage or confidence; easily frightened.

Lethargic: affected by ; sluggish and .

Lackadaisical; To do something carelessly, or lazily.

Don't forget to vote and comment since it really motivates me! Thank you all so much for your patience, now enjoy!

Soojin's POV

*I'm sorry, but the person you are calling is not available right now. Please try again-" The bot commenced before I hung up. "Where is that boy..." I mutter to myself. It was Thursday. Thursday October 19. Though it was still warm, the weather taking its last breaths of August weather, it's still near November. He hasn't come back to school since Tuesday.

Well, then again it's normal for him to skip classes for a couple of days, even weeks at a time. I've encountered his sister around the school multiple times before, but I've never really talked to her. I want to ask, but I'm pretty sure she hates me. Almost everyone does. I stare at his contact, his message staring right back at me. 'Goodnight Soojin.' It read. End of sentence.

I keep looking at my old social media posts, Seojun's text messages, my text messages with Su-Ah and Suho. It made me realise how dependent I was on other people, and my friends.

Not Seojun though. Hes...

He's something.

Friends. Wasn't I already friends with him in middle school? Well, I guess not. I've grown up with him and yet I don't know anything about him. Jugyeong does. Not me. And yet he does know alot about me. Has he been paying so much attention to me since the beginning? Or am I as blind as Jugyeong now? Come to think of it, he's been hanging out with me alot and making me his priority. I haven't seen him with Jihoon or Pilsoo. I guess I really am taking up all of his time. Maybe it's good that he isnt in school. He can take a break from all of my drama and relax. I wonder what Su-Ah and Suho are doing now... Are they going back to that cafe I told them about? And what mischief Seojun is up to...

"SOOJIN!" Someone yells, snapping me out of my thoughts. Why does that keep happening nowadays? I look up to see one of the student council members. "So? Will you do a club check on the drama club?" He asked. I nodded and put on my best game face. "Yes sir!" He chuckled and we went on with business.

After school ended, I knocked on the door of the drama club. They should have started club activities around now. The door opens and I see the club leader, Duri, look at me, shocked in her dark brown eyes. She blinks a couple of times, before clearing her throat and letting me in. "So!" She started, her wavy hair in pigtails, flopping around like elephant ears. "Everyone! Welcome Miss Kang, a member of the student council!" She promulgated.

A couple of scattered claps and hellos echoed through the room. As I thought, I'm still not well liked. "I'm pretty sure you all know why I'm here, so please continue on as if I'm not here!" I smiled. Gowoon geared towards me, her eyes having an emotion of dubiety. I look her dead in the eye and that emotion soon is replaced with revulsion. "You heard her! Carry on! Scene 5!" She said, her timidness being replaced by confidence.

Not really, her voice just sounds 5000x deeper than before.

Anyways.

I watched them, jotting down some lackadaisical notes, mostly observing them with admiration in my eyes. They were amazing on stage! They were so in sync, and you could tell that even if they weren't playing their characters they had a strong bond with one another. A bond which I want with my friends. A bond that shines, even if the world was consumed with darkness.

A bond which I had.

Till I wrecked it.

until there was a knock on the door. Then came Jugyeong. She poked her head through the door and walked over to me. "Hi Soojin!" She said in a timid voice. I look up at her, lethargically. She shyly took a seat beside me.

I could feel it.

A feeling I'm so familiar with ever since I started posting videos online. No, not even then. When my dad was arrested...

Eyes watching you.

Ready to judge you. Filled with scepticism. They wanted entertainment.

"Soojin, I'd like to apologise." She started. I was unfazed. It seems that her little plan to use Seojun didnt work, so now she's come to enact stage 2. "Did Suho tell you to do this?" I asked, a little bit more hopeful.

Did Suho care? WIll he finally answer my calls? Will he talk to me? Suho... Suho! I miss him so much... I miss them so much... I'm all alone, I have no one to talk to. Even if I have Seojun I still have to keep him at a distance. Su-Ah... Suho... Jugyeong...

"No, I came here of my own free will. Look, I'm sorry for everything I said. It was stupid and I was just being petty." She said, looking sad, and disappointed in herself. She looked down at her feet. "No need to apologise, I was the one who posted that photo." Then we both look down at our feet. Silence envelopes us. "Su su?" She started, her voice slightly cracking up. I look up at her and see tears threatening to spill.

"Can we be friends again?" She put forward.

My friend. Jugyeong. I Want to be friends again. After everything i've done. I hugged her, and she hugged me back, even tighter. "I missed you..." I whispered, almost sobbing and causing a scene.

(3rd person pov)

Jugyeong hugged Soojin. She was in a vulnerable state. She was sad, and depressed. Her emotions aren't in control. She buried herself in the crook of Soojins neck, her hair tickling her strawberry coloured cheeks.'Oh what a shame...' Though Jugyeong, her tears stopped as her melancholy expression was replaced with a cold blooded stare. 'It would be a big shame if someone were to make her life a living hell from now on.' She thought, rubbing her friends back lovingly.

—-

It's getting manipulative I see?I had trouble writing this chapter because I feel like the build up to her emotional breakdown of missing her friends has been something I've done a lot already... Oh well, keep on trucking! And tysm for 1.1K views! I couldn't have made it without anyone, honestly! I really appreciate you all for reading this messy fanfiction, so thank you all again!