9. Its on

Vocabulary:

Catechized: put questions to or interrogate (someone).

Vexation: the state of being annoyed, frustrated, or worried.

Anguish: severe mental or physical pain or suffering.

Exhorts: strongly encourage or urge (someone) to do something.

Satiny: having a smooth, glossy surface or finish like that of satin.

Belligerent: hostile and aggressive.

Friendly reminder that this chapter will contain:

-Non frequent cursing

-Angst?

Don't forget to vote and comment since it really motivates me! Thank you all so much for your patience, now enjoy!

Soojin's POV

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, trying to wipe my snot from his face. "It already settled..." He said, gently removing my hands from his face to hold them. "Want to go get some coffee or something Junnie?" He asked me, placing a hand on my hand while the other still held my palms. "I think I'm just going to skip the rest of school..." I mumbled, wondering if he could feel the scars on my palms... "Alright then, do you want me to walk you home?" He catechized, beaming as usual as if I did not just mentally break down in front of him.

I was grateful he didn't mention what had just happened, but at the same time this was wrong. Completely wrong. I shouldn't be around him, he's friends with Jugyeong. He makes me feel vulnerable and I need to get it together. I gently removed myself from his embrace and tried to walk away. "We can't do this Seojun... We just can't." I mumble, more to myself than to him. "I was only asking to drop you off? And why can't we?" He said, following after me. "Because you are friends with Jugyeong." I say, my eyebrows furrowing when I mention her name. He groans and rolls his eyes. "We are not doing this again!" He said in vexation.

"We are! I told you this before, but I mean it this time. Stay away." I said, trying to act mad at him. He looked at me, or looked down at me. Eyes filled with an emotion I'm all too familiar with; Anguish. I turn and run off.

I don't necessarily know where I'm headed, but it's somewhere. Seojun is so smiley, and perfect. And he's just everything I want to be. To my followers, to my friends, to my classmates. He's perfect, like Suho. And they deserve someone perfect, like Jugyeong. And I'm not like her. I don't want to grow close to Seojun. If I do, he'll just apologise to Jugyeong. I just apologise, ask her to release a statement online, restore my reputation, and continue on with life.

So I have to apologise.

I go to the library that is nearest to school, put on my headphones, and do some homework. Or, I should be. Instead, I just scrolled through my dm's, looking at all the death threats once again, and all the messages saying I should address this situation. I lay my head on the table in the cafe section of the library, the song "Sticky" by Ravyn Lenae playing in my ears. I don't usually listen to western artists, but her stuff was pretty good. I let my cheek embrace the coldness and the slight wetness from the table since it was just disinfected. 'Lovesick puppy'. That's what I said to describe Seojun, but maybe I'm just projecting? Or maybe I'm just being dramatic. 'Apologise.' Is a word that keeps playing in my head.

'Apologise'

(Two week time skip)

I come to school in a black crop top and baggy jeans, with a pink faux fur jacket to cover myself. I quickly head over to the girls changing room to dress myself in the dark blue cheer uniform, with my school's logo written in gold. I was brushing my hair and putting it into a ponytail when I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I jerked back to see it was Jugyeong. "Kang? Is it okay if I bring Suho and Seojun to practise?" She asked. Ah! Suho, someone i would like to see as of the moment. But I need to see. For closure. "U-uhm.. I don't think that the coach would allow us..." I say, trying to add our gym teacher into this. "But you're her favourite! Pleaseee? Can you not at least ask for me?" She exhorts. "Fine... I'll try." I say, giving up.

She makes me feel so weak, and inferior. "Damn it all..." I mutter once she skips off, humming a song. I comb through my hair and step out. It's time to practise my butt off. However, throughout the whole practice, my eyes kept wandering over to someone. Suho. I kept glancing over at him, but I'd turned away when he made eye contact with Jugyeong. I felt a tight knot in my stomach, this feeling of dread and bitterness towards the couple who were fawning over each other while I was over here working my butt off.

I was jealous. And seeing them together hurt. Like hell.

And yet, it didn't hurt as much, because I soon locked eyes with Seojun. My mouth slightly opened as we made eye contact. He's as pretty and as sassy as ever. He's glowing. Literally, I'm blinded. He chuckled at me a little bit while running a hand through his Vantablack satiny hair. That made my heart flutter, just a little. "Soojin!" Yelled the coach, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Pardon?" I queried, clearing my throat. "What's the next thing you want them to practise on?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. I heard a few snickers, and I explained what our next step is, and also gave advice to my group.

And yet, my eyes still wandered back to the beautiful boy on the bench.

Once practice ended, I got dressed back into my regular clothes. Today was the day I got closure. I turned around attempting to leave the changing room when Jugyeong walked in. "Hello Miss Kang? Did you have fun eyeing up my boyfriend?!" She said, her voice going from sweet to belligerent. "I wasn't eyeing him up, get your facts straight." I say, already peeved. "Don't you dare test me. Remember, my social media following on Nstagram is way higher than yours now, Sua, and Suho. Don't make me come after your spot now, 'captain'." She said, trying to mimic my voice.

"I'll destroy you! Just watch!" She said, grinning from ear to ear like she had some evil mastermind plan in that giant overrated head of hers. "Well see about that Jugyeong." I say, smiling innocently. She screams in frustration and storms out of the changing room. I walk out, and we lock eye contact. She bolts over to Suho and immediately begins to be all lovey dover. I approach them, and when she sees me walking towards them, she grabs his face and starts kissing him.

But he wasn't my target.

Oh no no no, he wasn't.

I was going to apologise, seek closure, and settle this peacefully. But no no no! I can't do that now can i? Screw all of that 'humble' shit. Were doing this the 'mean girl' shit way.

I walk over to Seojun, and hug him from behind. He seemed startled as he jumped back at first, before trying to turn around to return my hug. "Don't you dare move." I whispered into his ear, feeling a shiver run up his spine. "What the hell are you doing Soojin?" He matched the volume of my voice, confused. "Just go along with it." I whispered even lower. I let him go and ignored the daggers that Jugyeong was piercing into my soul. "Ready to go?" I asked, putting on my fake smile.

Just when I thought Seojun would blow my cover, he actually managed to keep up and smiled. "Yeah, you got your stuff?" He asked, giving me the same tone of voice he uses with Jugyeong.

Ew.

"Yep! Lets goo~" I say, sounding like those girls in those western ads when advertising about how this random cleaning object saved their life. I look over my shoulder and see Jugyeong staring at me, seemingly about to burst out in anger.

Checkpoint!

I outdone myself with this chapter fr- Apologies for the delay in this chapter, ive been super busy, even in the summer and ive had writers block! Anyways, i hope this chapter is satisfying!