15. Scent

My back just cracked like a pretzel and I can't get up.

Also, if you've read this webtoon called  'Serena', Eiser is so fine. Like, so fine bro.

Another phone written chapter. That said, I'm listening to bf asmr to keep me ALIVE because I went shopping today. My auto correct on my phone is horrible, so if things don't male sense pretend it does. Anyways my children, this chapter will be good. So feast.

Don't forget to vote and comment on this chapter to help promote this fanfic💕

Soojin's POV

His footsteps became louder.

I didn't want to see him. I didn't have to see him. I love my dad, but the man behind this door isn't my father. He's a monster. A monster who's married to my mom. I grab my phone and lock myself in the closet.

It was happening again.

My palms felt clammy, dirty, sticky and icky. I started scratching myself all over, feelings usually dirty. My skin tingles and it felt like someone was grazing a knife over my body, and bugs were biting at my forearms.

Tears started to well in my eyes. My vision started to get clouded by my tears. I look over at my phone and reach my hand out to grab it. I scroll through my contacts until I see Suho, and press call.

The buzz immediately echoed through my closet, as the space became more dirty and hot. I was probably drenched in filth. The Ai answered and the phone stopped ringing.

I tried again.

The footsteps seemed to be getting closer and closer.

He didn't pick up once again.

I was getting desperate. I was simply in my school uniform. I quickly changed into my pyjamas, and bursted out of my closet. The footsteps stopped before I opened my window and left. I started to run. I only had my fluffy black slippers on, nothing more.

I almost tripped 3 times, but I still ran. I don't know where, I didn't look back, he could be chasing me for all I care.

I want to go home. But home doesn't feel like home. I eventually trip and fall on some rocks, bruising my knees. I realised I was under a bridge. It looked slightly familiar but I didn't care. I forgot to bring a jacket so I huddled myself in a corner. I put in my earbuds, and grabbed my phone. Luckily, it was fully charged.

I brought my knees up to my chest, and scrolled through my phone. That was until I heard a noise, and I looked up.

"Seojun?" I ask while wiping my tears. He looked at me, slightly scared then he walked over to me, his hands in his pockets. "Soo? Why are you here in my neighbourhood under a bridge?" He asked, tilting his head. He looked concerned.

He was concerned. About me.

So that's why it looks familiar. "I-" I started, before I got up and hugged him as tightly as I could. He felt warm. He was warm. He placed a hand on my forehead, and gently stroked my hair just as he had done before, all those years ago.

He placed his hands on my cheeks and moved my face to look up at him. My eyes were puffy, and my cheeks were signal red. My hair was  a mess, and I probably looked like a hooligan.

"Soojin… what happens to your knees! Did you fall again?" He asked in a gentle tone. I sniffed before nodding. "Here, take my jacket, i'll be right back alright?" He offered before taking it off and wrapping it around my frame. He guided my arms into the holes, and he zipped it up. The collar was up to my nose, and the bottom was near my knees.

He put on the hood for me before leaving me to go somewhere. Though this jacket was warm, it wasn't as warm as when he was in it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

It smelled like Seojun. I unconsciously found myself taking longer breaths, trying to take in as much as possible. "Here, I got you some pepperoni sticks." He said before bending down and opening some bandaids. I mumbled a thank you before looking at him. His hair was sticking to his forehead.

"Did you do practice?" I asked. "Yeah, I also ran away from some gangsters." He said nonchalantly. "What the heck did you do?" I glared at him, even though he was busy with my wounds. "Jihoon got into trouble with them because he was dating some gang leader's sister." He said while I giggled.

It was silent. Comfortable. Comfortable silence. This happens a lot with him.

"You smiled," He started while looking up at me, slowly getting up. "I like it when you smile." He cooed. He dusted off his pants before grabbing his back and exiting the bridge. "You know your way home right?" He asked. I nodded in response. "Bye Soojin! Remember I'm right here!" He called out using his hands as a microphone before leaving the safety of the bridge.

I waited a little longer until he was out of my sight before starting my way home. My stepdad should be asleep by now. I did wait pretty long. 2 hours.

I took a deep breath before I began my walk home.

3rd person POV

Missed call from Soojin

"Jugyeong! Could you answer the phone!" Suho yelled out from the kitchen. "Alright babe!" She smiled before finding the source of the sound. She quickly typed in Suho's password before going to contacts.

"Bye bye." She said with a dead expression on her face before deleting her contact. "Who was it?!" Suho called out once more. "Some prank caller!" Jugyeing said, coming out of the room while pouting. "Let's eat now alright?" She said, her mouth practically watering. "Alright!"

Is this chapter giving Girl dinner? VOTE ON MY CHAPTERS GRANDCHILDRENNN YK WHO U R, VOTE !!!! OR ELSE 👿👿👿🖤🖤🖤💣💣💣💥💥☠️☠️☠️