19. Sleepless nights

Seojun's POV

I stared at my phone screen, batting my eyes slowly, slightly out of breath while sweating. It was 2 am, and I couldn't sleep, not after that. I turned over in my bed, dragging my phone with me. I grab my earbuds, connecting them to my phone before opening any social media app to keep me entertained. I scrolled through some photos on Instagram before I saw that Soojin was online.

I felt the grogginess I had slowly faded away as I clicked on her profile, typing in a quick message.

Jinnie<3

Jinnieeeee

I haven't seen you in a weekkkk

Sorry, I've been busy.

Call

Me

With

Camera

Jinnie

Why are you up?

Can't sleep.

Why are you online 🤨?

Fair enough, I can't either

But why do you wanna call? It's 2:32 AM?

I ignore her message and click the dial button. To my surprise, I didn't have to wait long since she answered shortly after. Her end was quiet and i didnt feel the need to speak. "Hello?" Said a voice on the other end, seemingly distracted. I look at my phone to see her face coated in a green substance. I let out a breath I didn't even know I held. I watched her as she fixed her cream coloured bunny headband before doing something off camera. "Hi..." I manage to say, placing the phone near my ear. "May I know why you wanted to call me so late?" She asked, peeling off the green substance, leaving her skin with an oily aftermath. She began to put on a reddish pink liquid on her face with black seeds, smearing it near her eyes and mouth. "I was just worried about you." I mumble, slightly embarrassed.

"Can you stay on the call, and just tell me about your day?" I ask, staring at the ceiling as my cheeks flushed red.. "Ok." She says, her voice becoming softer. "I had to stay up late because- Ohhh, don't even get me started! So basically, one of my teammates in the student body, I'll call them X right? So basically, we had to do a report, and like-" She said, before pausing to fix her headband. "And like write a report on each club in the school? So I did the drama club, and X was supposed to do gardening."

"Well X actually didn't do gardening, and just took it as a chance to makeout with someone who I'll call W in the gardening shed! So now, W is a delinquent right? And he's from a rival school, so X sneaks W into school each time he skips class for them." Soojin ranted, rolling her eyes at the mention of X. "He's not even a good kisser." She said, making a disgusted face before also peeling off the substance on her face. "So I had to falsify the report because if word got out we'd all be in trouble. So I'm staying up until 1 am doing X's work. Like, such a pain in the ass!" She grumbled, pouring hair oils into her palms and rubbing it in. She looked at the screen to see if I was listening, to which I hummed. "So now I take a break right? And I scroll on Instagram, then I stumble across this really cute cat! It's called Siamese, and they're so cute! So now I start scrolling through the cat side of Instagram for almost 2 hours and here we are." She finishes, rubbing more oil into her scalp.

She took off her head band, putting on a hot pink bonnet. "Also, i bought more lip tint." She said, exiting the area to go off camera. I got a better view of her room, or atleast a glimpse. I saw her bed that was raised from the ground, standing on a white platform. I saw a window, as well as a floor lamp. This was when she came back with about 40 things in her hands. She plopped them onto the desk, sitting down with a plop. "So I got it online, I don't remember the brand~" She says, as she smears some on her lip. "Does it look good?" She asked, cocking her head to the side.

"I think it could be a little lighter. The pink feels way too strong." I comment. She nodded as she wiped off the tint. "I'm gonna wash my face." She says, leaving me in her room. "Jinnie! Bring me with you!" I call out, slightly pouting. She grabs the phone and shoves me somewhere. She sets me down on an object to balance on, before she wet her hands. I just sat in silence as she did her face routine, leaving little comments here and there.

"What's your address?" I queried. "Are you trying to kidnap me?" She teased, rubbing in the toner. "Nooo, I just wanna see you." I mumble. She pauses for a second before her cheeks flush a light shade of pink. "How are you even going to get there?" She chuckled, placing a rolly thing on her face. "Just tell me." I pout, slightly annoyed. She texts me her address and I immediately hang up.

I get up and put my jacket on, packing a bag with an extra pair or clothes and my toothbrush, as well as my charger. I exit my room, seeing my mom in the living room, watching another random romance show. I give her a kiss on the cheek and a hug before going to put on my shoes. "Don't be out too long now." She reminds me, pointing her flip flop at me. "Yes, eomma!" I call out, closing the door behind me.

I don't know where my legs were going, I just read the address and started walking. I didn't need to go there. I'd see her at school on Monday. And yet here I am. Running around town while it's pouring outside. In a tree. Banging at a girl's window at 2 am. She opens her curtains, staring at me with a look of confusion. "What the heck?" She mouths before opening the window, hauling my bag inside, before helping me up. "Seojun. Why?" She asked, face palming. "Just wanted to see you." I smirked, sitting on the carpet, looking up at her. "But we were on call." She grunts. "I wanted to see you in person. Why? Will I get you in trouble by being here?" I ask, realising how selfish I had been. She turned away, her blush more visible than it was on camera.

"What do you want?" She asked, placing her hands on her hips. "All I wanted was you~" I sang, reaching my hand out to her dramatically. She moved her leg and sighed, rubbing her temple. I chuckled as I saw her face contort in frustration, wrapping my arms around her thigh to give her a hug from the place where I sat. "Are you mad at me?" I whined as she pressed her hands against my chest to distance our fences from each other. "Wanna watch something?" She asked, finally giving up. I nod vigorously and she grabs her laptop. She plops it onto her bed as I follow behind her, plopping myself down as well. She opened her search engine as I pressed my chin into her shoulder. She enters a movie site before clicking Boys over flowers. "Get ready for this because you're about to be stressed.." She said, getting up to turn off the lights.

She got back into the bed, snuggling herself into the covers before she urged me to do the same. She leaned onto my shoulder as we placed the laptop between us. At some point in episode 4, my breathing became slower and my blinking rate slowed. I rested my cheek on the top of her head while she brought my hand towards her lips to press a gentle kiss to my fingertips. "Goodnight harabeoji." She quipped.

"Sleep tight Jinnie."

This chapter is so wholesome compared to later chapters, makes me feel kinda bad-