~CHAPTER TWO~

   Arlo pulled on a black cropped shirt she had bought the previous week. She walked over to the mirror that hung over the back of her bedroom door, examining the way the shirt fell over her stomach. She stared at her arms seeing the way they looked in the shirt. She groaned while ripping the shirt off and throwing it on the floor. The girl went to her closet and found a baggy nirvana shirt that belonged to Eli. She smiled slightly while pulling it over her head. 

   "Hey honey." Arlo's mom was in the kitchen making eggs and toast. "You look pretty."

   "Thanks mom." Arlo smiled awkwardly at her mom before walking over to the table and sitting down.

   Her mom walked over and set down two plates, across from each other, that had toast and a pile of scrambled eggs. The girl pushed the eggs to the side of her plate with a fork trying not to gag at the smell of them. Arlo never liked eggs, even when she was younger. Although she had told her mom many times over the years about her dislike of them, she would continue to pile them onto her plate every time they were made. 

   "Oh my sweet boy, you look so handsome!" Christina exclaimed while rushing over to Asher pulling him into a hug. Arlo tried her best not to roll her eyes at the two.

   "Thank you mom." Asher gave their mother a big smile while walking to the table, sitting directly across from Arlo. "Isn't that Eli's shirt?" Asher asked while pointing his fork at Arlo.

   "Yeah, how'd you know?" Arlo slightly raised an eyebrow at her brother while taking a small bite of her toast.

   "I saw him wearing it awhile ago, thought it looked familiar." Asher replied with a mouth full of eggs. 

   After the two ate breakfast and grabbed their backpacks, Christina grabbed her phone and pointed towards the twins. "Let me get a picture of my babies." 

   "Mom, really?" Arlo scoffed.

   Asher nudged his sister before smiling at their mom. Arlo rolled her eyes before smiling as well. Their mom snapped a picture and told them how grown up they looked before pulling the two into a hug. The twins told their mom bye before walking outside of their apartment. 

   "Come on Arlo." Asher said to the girl who started walking the other direction.

   "I'm getting a ride with Eli. You don't have to worry about dragging me around today." She turned around giving him a thumbs up with a fake smile. 

   Asher scoffed at his sister and rolled his eyes. "Whatever." He muttered under his breath while getting into his car.

   Arlo saw Mrs. Moskowitz's car when she got outside of the apartment complex and began running towards it. When she got to the car she pulled open the backseat door, setting her backpack on the floorboard before getting in. Mrs. Moskowitz told her to buckle her seatbelt as they drove away.