~CHAPTER TEN~

   Arlo, Demetri, and Miguel walked down the hallway towards their biology class. Demetri had been telling the two that he was planning on quitting karate.

   "You can't quit." Arlo turned her head to look at Demetri and passed him at Miguel. "Tell him Miguel."

   Miguel nodded at Arlo then shook his head. "She's right, you can't just quit."

   "I got yelled at, got my ass kicked, and then gave him money. You know who lives like that?" Demetri quickly turned his head between the two stood on either side of him. Before the two could answer, Demetri did for them. "Hookers."

   "Yeah, but he's not that bad of a guy. You gotta give him a chance." Miguel waved his hands around frantically. "You don't know him like I do."

   "That..." Demetri put his index finger up, stopping Miguel from speaking. "That's hooker talk."

   "Demetri." Arlo groaned while running her fingers through her hair.

   "Besides, I don't need to learn karate when I have you two." Demetri nodded his head towards Kyler who had just walked down the stairs in front of them. His face was still bruised, and he had a cut over his eye. Kyler made eye contact with the three of them before turning around and walking the opposite direction. "See? No one's gonna mess with you guys."

   Arlo had to admit it was nice knowing that Kyler was scared of them, mostly Miguel, but he hadn't tried to make any snarky remarks to her either since the fight.

   "Let's just get to class." Miguel continued to walk towards the science wing of the school.

------

   Demetri, Arlo, and Miguel sat at a table in class. When the bell rang Sam walked into the room. Laughter filled as Sam walked to her table. She glanced over to Sam who was sat alone, a bright read Blow Pop was stuck to the shoulder of her sweater.

   "Thanks for the Blow Pop guys." Sam ripped the lollipop off of her shirt and turned around at the people sat behind her who were laughing. "Really never gets old.

   "It's cause she gives blow jobs." Demetri turned towards Miguel and hit his shoulder. "Get it? 'Blow Pop.' 'Blow job.' Play on words." 

   "Yeah. I get it." Miguel replied with annoyance in his voice.