~CHAPTER TWENTY~

*:・゚✧*:・゚ "Are you jealous Birdie?" *:・゚✧*:・゚

   When she was done cleaning up the blood from her face, Arlo rejoined the rest of Cobra Kai. Since she had missed his fight, Hawk had told Arlo about how the match was 3-1 and he finished his opponent off with a kick to the chest. Arlo gave him a small 'good luck' hug before he had to go up onto the main mat for the semifinal's announcement.

   Arlo looked up at the board that had all the fighter's names in brackets. Miguel was fighting first. He was going against the boy Aisha lost to. Hawk was fighting Robby after. The announcer walked on stage and Arlo lined up on the side of the mat with everyone else in Cobra Kai.

   "Yes! Let's give it up for all of our competitors." The crowd erupted in cheers as the man spoke. "We have seen some great fights today, haven't we?"

   Arlo fidgeted with her thumbs that were held behind her back as she listened to the, incredibly long and boring, introduction to the semis. She turned her head and saw Sam walking towards the hallway Aisha had run into earlier when she lost her fight. Arlo turned her head and watched the brunette girl turn down the hallway before the boy standing next to her elbowed her.

   The boy who elbowed her, tilted his head towards the main mat and Arlo saw Hawk smirking at her. Arlo gave him an awkward tight-lipped smile, before turning her attention back to the announcer. Hawk's face fell as he looked at the weak attempt of a smile he had been given back.

   "There can be only one true winner, and he is standing on this stage right now." The announcer turned to where Hawk, Johnny and Miguel were standing. "Will it be Miguel Diaz from Cobra Kai Karate?"

   Miguel bowed and everyone began cheering for Miguel. The other Cobras were cheering loudly and Arlo pulled her hands from behind her back and clapped.

   "Will it be Hawk..." The announcer stared at the card in front of him for a second before continuing. "Well, I guess it's just 'Hawk' from Cobra Kai Karate?"

   Hawk bowed and turned to look at Arlo who was clapping along with everyone else, but she was staring at the ground and biting the inside of her cheek.

   "Will it be Robby Keene, unaffiliated?" Hawk watched Arlo looked up and stare at Robby when his name was called. She shook her head slightly and pulled her hands back behind her back.

   "And last but certainly not least, last year's champion, fighting out of Topanga Karate, Xander Stone!" The crowd began cheering loudly as Xander showed of his flips.

   Arlo looked at Hawk, who was already staring at her and the two shared a confused look as Xander took the microphone from the announcer.

   "I just wanted to say, even though I love to fight, we all need to fight together against hatred..." Arlo stared at Xander while he continued his speech. "And as I look around this arena, I pray for every race, religion, and gender. And that we can all live together in peace. Please join me in a moment of silence, as we strive to end intolerance in our time."