~CHAPTER FOUR~

   Arlo and Demetri had spent the weekend at Eli's house, the three of them had a Marvel movie marathon. Demetri didn't even argue with the girl about her movie choice. Now it was Monday. Two days had passed since the dance and Arlo really didn't want to come to school. She groaned looking up at the bright red letters on the side of the school. She pulled her headphones out of her ears and walked into the building. She walked towards her and Eli's locker, Demetri was already stood there. Arlo could see Demetri talking to Eli who looked annoyed by the other boy.

   Arlo walked over to her locker and Demetri dramatically bowed. "Why are you bowing?" Arlo asked the boy with a confused look on her face. Demetri opened his mouth about to speak but the girl interrupted him. "If you're gonna talk in any sort of accent please don't."

   Demetri rolled his eyes at the girl and continued talking to Eli about the latest Doctor Who episode. Arlo dug through her locker trying to find her history textbook. The bell rang as she found the book. Eli and Arlo told Demetri they would meet him at the library during study hall as he turned around to walk to his class. Arlo grabbed Eli's hand and they started walking. They hadn't talked about the almost kiss at the dance, she wanted to but didn't know how to bring it up without making things awkward.

   Eli cleared his throat. "So uhm, about the-" Someone interrupted Eli by throwing Cheetos at Arlo.

   Arlo sucked in her lips before pulling her hand away from Eli's. She bent down, picking up the Cheeto off the ground, throwing it back at the kid. "Real funny dick-face."

   The two continued walking to class, in silence now. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   Miguel, Demetri, Arlo, and Eli all sat at a table in the library. Eli and Arlo were leaning closely to each other taking notes from her history textbook. Miguel's face was covered in bruises and cuts from the fight with Kyler at the dance.

   "So that's it? No more karate?" Demetri asked Miguel while writing something down in his notebook.

   Miguel shook his head. "I guess so."

   "It's probably for the best." Demetri said nodding to himself.

   Arlo and Eli looked at each other confused and Arlo set her pen down. "Why?"